add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Not bad, although I would change a few things:

RAM speeds. I would recommend getting Corsair LPX DDR4 3000 or 3200MHz ram instead, the performance boost should do you good and the price difference isn't that big anymore.

Also- you might want to consider getting a different GPU, EVGA have been having a lot of thermal issues. I HIGHLY recommend the ASUS Strix 1070 instead, a fantastic card.

Other than that, everything looks good. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

B-but... The EVGA card looks so clean and good ;-; Btw, if I want to have my SSD shown in front of the shroud I can only have two 140mm fans in the front right?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I know :( but the EVGA cards are a bit icky atm, search it up for yourself... Although you gotta admit the strix cards are nice too ;) Well you can run 3x120mm in the front, just route the cables around the corner into the HDD tray. I'm looking at the case right beside me and there's definitely enough space for me to mount my SSD on the shroud if I wanted to.

Besides, you can either route the cables from the grommet hole in front, right underneath the Phanteks logo or around the other side, through the HDD shroud. Both look pretty clean.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah. Btw, are there any special connectors needed to plug in the ML fans?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

nope, just a 4 pin PWM

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Is your own main PC the Orion unlocked build?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

it is.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Would it be possible to have three 120mm fans in the front even when mounting the SSD like this? http://prntscr.com/d9o0ju

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

yep, should be

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

My friend told me that EVGA was missing some thermal pads and that was the reason behind their thermal issues, he told me that they've fixed it now but I think I'll still go with the STRIX, it also looks good and performs better.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube