add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 19 months ago
  • 6 points

Why in the world would you think that? The 2200g has a 300 MHz speed increase and is a revised and refreshed product. Saying they perform the same, well that would be like saying the i5-6500 and i5-7500 perform the same which is just not true.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Saying they perform the same, well that would be like saying the i5-6500 and i5-7500 perform the same which is just not true.

It would be nothing like that. The 6500 and 7500 are on different architechtures. The 1200 and the 2200G are based on the same architecture. And, benchmarks show the 1200 beating the 2200G in CPU game performance in several games without the standardization of clock rates (so the 2200G has a decent lead). And, when clock rates are standardized, the 1200 beats the 2200G in nearly every category.

[comment deleted]
  • 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Last time I checked, 300+ is higher than not having 300+. If he is seeing different scores on the same benchmark tests, then its very obvious that one is performing differently than the other. Thats like saying that 2 cars are the same even though their dyno numbers are 10 hp different. You're literally testing the performance using a consistent test between the two systems. Seems to me that you just are arguing for the sake of arguing. Fact is numbers are numbers.

[comment deleted]
  • 19 months ago
  • 1 point

They're not the same though... 2200G has a higher clock speed, and 1/2 the cache. Going by your method of thinking, the 1500x and 1800x are the same chip, because they're both the exact same die structure. But in reality they're very different, 1/2 the cores are cut off of the 1800x to make the 1500x.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube