add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 19 months ago
  • 4 points

Pairing these processors with a GTX 1080 artificially creates a massive system bottleneck at the CPU which typical end-users will never experience.

You want a system bottleneck on the CPU when testing CPU performance....that let's you know that it was the CPU that was holding things back. Otherwise you'll have to play the game of "was it the CPU or the GPU that limited frames there?" That's just not how testing is conducted. You will notice this methodology is standard.

econd, even assuming that someone would build a Ryzen 1200 / GTX1080 rig for 1440p gaming, the largest lead the 1200 had over the 2200G was 6FPS (Ghost Recon @ 1440p).

Yes, this was the largest lead the 1200 had...while running at lower clock speeds. Standardize clockspeeds and margins would widen.

OK. First off let me say that niether one of these processors should never be paired with a GTX1080 (or equivalent) card in any real gaming machine.

This is absolutely not how it works. You don't pick a CPU based on your GPU and you don't do the reverse either. You pick a CPU primarily for the frame rates you want and a GPU for the resolution you want. Pairing a G4560 with a GTX 1080 ti makes perfect sense if you are building a purely gaming rig that is going for 4K @ 60 fps.

Can't we all just get along?

Yes, but that doesn't mean we can just let fiction fly as fact. People are spending money based on suggestions gained here. So if I see a bad suggestion, I am going to call it what it is.

[comment deleted]
  • 19 months ago
  • 2 points

And explain to me in detail why that would be a bad pairing if going for that goal? Please, I would love to hear it.

Also funny that instead of rebutting anything you post a meme...kinda seems like you have no real argument...

You want to see other opinions and comparisons involving the 1200 vs 2200G, here ya go: https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/267832-amd-2400g-or-i5-8600k#cx2745264

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube