add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2400 DDR4 in a B150M MoBo?

Master-Zixx
  • 54 months ago

So I'm eager to get the Panram Ninja V memory due to it being the only white ram on the DDR4 market. I want to pair it with the MSI B150M BAZOOKA and an i5-6500 however I have a few silly questions. Firstly, the MoBo would just read it as 2133 right? I"m quite confident that's a no brainer yes but what confuses me is these two quotes on the B150M BAZOOKA product page:

DDR4 Boost: Give your DDR4 memory a performance boost

DDR4 BOOST With traditional memory design the memory signals are often distorted by electromagnetic signals from other components, making the system perform slower or become unstable. MSI introduces DDR4 Boost technology with optimized traces and fully isolated memory circuitry. This design ensures the memory signals stay pure for optimal performance and stability.

Does this just mean memory is more optimized or does this mean I can OC memory easily? Secondly, is it even possible to OC the memory back to 2400 or further on a B150 chipset? I mean I am really not fussed if the memory runs at 2133 anyway. It would just be nice. Sorry if I'm sounding like a complete buffoon. I really do not understand clockspeeds of memory too well.

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Firstly, the MoBo would just read it as 2133 right?

yes... it will be down clocked to 2133

Secondly, is it even possible to OC the memory back to 2400 or further on a B150 chipset?

no.. you would need a Z170.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Thought as much. Thank you!

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

:)

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Absolutely a no-brainer yes.. H170 & B150 support DDR4-2133 ONLY..

Just like you have audo shielding on High-end Z170 Mboards which prevent interference from other signals to give u crystal-sharp audio signal, all the MSI marketing-gimmick is trying to tell u that they probbly have a 0.1-0.2 V boost in the Mboard memory controller to be touted as what-this-and-what-not..

See when many different waves of about the same wavelength occur, they get distorted -- just like trying to have a conversation in a crowded About-to-break-into-a-fight-Bar.. So important ppl are given a booth - that is they are isolated.. That isolation depends upon how imp u are or how much u are willing to pay.. :DD

If u are the Bar owner u can probbly watch the entire show from ur Private-suite thru one-way glasses?? :DD

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

/offtopic

I can imagine its a premium feature, but I don't think its exclusive to High-end Z170 boards. Gigabyte's GA-B150M-D3H has audio shielding. And if I weren't going for a black/white aesthetic would be my go to B150 mATX MoBo because its rather feature rich for an affordable price tag.

/ontopic But that metaphor does clarify it. Thank you :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube