add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Should I go with a sapphire 380x?

HCkev
  • 52 months ago

Hello,

I'm looking for a video card, and I found out the Radeon 380x is pretty much the card that match my budget right now. However, since it's a new card, it's a bit harder to find (in Canada, at least).

One of the option is the Sapphire Nitro R9 380X. I heard good things about Sapphire, but never actually used one. One thing that bother me is the fact that it comes with only a 2 years warranty, while other manufacturers offers 3 years. That makes me a little bit skeptical. To me, it kind of tells me they don't have faith in their own products and don't expect them to last more than two years... That concerns me a little bit.

After doing a bit of Googling, I came across bad things about their costumer service. Things like you need to send the card in Asia and pay dor shopping both ways, etc, although I haven't find anything recent.

Because I'm building a new PC and expect it to last a long time (the PC I'm replacing is nearly seven years old). I also plan on picking up another 380x later to put in crossfire, as an upgrade, so the first card I will pick up will be in the system for at least five years, but Sapphire doesn't even offer half that time worth of warranty.....

So, are Sapphire cards worth it? What is your experience with them? With their customer support? Should I get the card even thought it has one year less warranty?

Thanks for your input!

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Sapphire imo is the best maker of AMD cards. I had one of there 290's until earlier this year and it was a brilliant card. Ran cool and overclocked well. I can't recall any real problems with it.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for sharing your experience!

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Unfortunately, since I plan on doing crossfire later and I already bought a 750W PSU (Which would be a bit on the low side for dual 390), I can't really go with power-hungry cards like the 390. I also live in Canada (as mentioned) so I can't get it for this price. But thanks anyway!

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, considering the 380X is doesn't cost much more than the 380, I think I might as well spend the extra $20-30 or so and get a better card :P

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube