add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

240mm AIO cpu cooler questions

Master-Zixx
  • 52 months ago

I've never used a AIO liquid coolers but would like to make my build look clean and keep my i5-6500 nicely cool. I'm building within a Corsair Air 240

Firstly, which one and why?

Cooler Master Nepton 240M, Corsair H100i, Corsair H100i GTX, Corsair H105

Secondly, what connectors are required and included with 240mm AIO's? My MoBo has 2 4-pin case fan headers and 1 cpu fan header.

Thirdly, I have a pair of 120mm Corsair Air series white LED fans lying around from a previous build. Is it possible to set this up in a push/pull config with the included fans and what connectors and screws would I need for that?

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

From my experience with the 240m I would highly recommend it.

It's insanely quiet and I've heard that corsair aios tend to be rather loud under load whilst I hardly ever hear my 240m :P

As for push pull, you can do it if you want as long as it will fit. Try it out and see how you like it.

In regards for fan headers, I like to have my pump on the main CPU header and the two fans connected to a splitter on anothe 4 pin header.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Is a splitter included with the 240m or do I have to buy that seperately?

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd forgotten but yes as it happens it does!

Be warned its very rainbow coloured.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Rainbow should be fine. I'll need an extra pwm splitter if I were to go push/pull right?

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah that would be ideal but seeing as you're sensitive to noise I wouldn't go push/pull at the best of times it's still only 2-3 degrees and on a locked CPU that won't even matter.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Fair enough. Thank you! :D

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

my motherboard has a hybrid fan header that can also control the speed on pumps, would this work with an aio cooler (nepton 240m/h100i v2) or only a custom loop?

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I think any of the ones you mentioned would be great. Just a thought though there is a relatively small company called LEPA I personally do not have first hand experince(I will on Christmas, maybe, 6700K problems) But I have heard awesome things about them getting fairly similar performance for a smaller price tag. Biggest downside I have heard was fan noise so just something to think about.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Noise is an issue for me. Sensitive ears and not a fan of noise. So I think I'll be going for the Nepton 240M.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Fair enough that is why I mentioned it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube