add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair Air 240 - Case fan help needed

Master-Zixx
  • 52 months ago

In the next month or so, I'm finally getting to the stage where I am building a new rig. I'll be building in a Corsair Air 240 White (not that colour matters) and I'm wondering how to optimise fans. I know thanks to LinusTechTips' video that beyond the three already provided there are diminishing returns.

However from my previous build, I have two Corsair Air AF120 White LED fans which I do not want to leave out of my next build (anniversary present from my gf).

Also, the Air 240 isn't a very standard case design (partially why I love it); i.e. the rear fan mounts are two 80mm mounts and not the standard single 120mm with no 80mm's included.

Out of the box config is two 120mm in the front, and one 120mm fan in the top rear. (3x 120mm). Fan mount locations are: 1x 120mm in front. 2x 120mm top, 2x 120mm bottom, 2x 80mm rear, 1x 120mm side.

Including the provided fans, I have five 120mm fans. I am very tempted to get two 80mm fans as well, if this proves to be necessary. What would be the best fan configuration with stock cooler (i5-6500) and a single GPU (evga 760 2gb sc w/ acx 2.0)?

Comments

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

It is a Micro-ATX MoBo. I had seen the video before, but had forgotten about that point. Thank you. Any advice on the 80mm fans though?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube