add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

£600 1080p Gaming PC

Master-Zixx
  • 50 months ago

So I've been drafting this PC since last summer. It will probably go through many more iterations before finally being built but I like to keep this one up to date so that when I finally have the money to treat my girl to a brand new pc, all I have to do is click the buy button. Last summer while "geeking out" (as she prefers to call it) she fell in love with the Bitfenix Aegis. So I've been drafting the perfect build for her.

She loves the idea of a black and white themed PC so that's what I'll be trying to achieve. Now I want to make clear this is what I've coined as the "core" build. To bring it to perfection there will be a lot of "fluff" added (cablemod psu cables, noise dampening material, led strips etc...) and the power supply has been chosen to accommodate this "fluff" (a nice bonus is that EVGA'sG2 PSU's are just the best).

What will be the uses of this machine. Currently the primary use will be University homework which doesn't require much however she's an mmo gamer (WoW, GW2) and I'm trying to get her into single player RPG's like Fallout 4. She isn't deadset on maxing out graphics on really high resolutions. 1080p will be fine, but that doesn't mean she doesn't like things to run smoothly and still look pretty.

So here's my question: will the build below do well at 1080p? Any tweaks you would make?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor £161.98 @ CCL Computers
Motherboard MSI B150M BAZOOKA Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £66.22 @ CCL Computers
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory £38.75 @ More Computers
Storage Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Purchased For £0.00
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £35.98 @ CCL Computers
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 380 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card £149.99 @ Novatech
Case BitFenix Aegis (White) MicroATX Mid Tower Case £66.94 @ CCL Computers
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £66.96 @ Aria PC
Case Fan BitFenix BFF-SPRO-14025WW-RP 86.7 CFM 140mm Fan £12.14 @ Amazon UK
Case Fan BitFenix BFF-SPRO-14025WW-RP 86.7 CFM 140mm Fan £12.14 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £611.10
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-12 11:39 GMT+0000

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Would switch the motherboard to something more for gaming. Would get 2 sticks of 4 ram to versus 1 stick of 8. You'll get more memory bandwidth.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Cheers. Which MoBo would you recommend? I chose this one because it had what she would need plus the white accents and white back light was cool. Technically it is a gaming MoBO, it's from MSI's Arsenal Gaming line :)

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube