add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Driver worries

Master-Zixx
  • 51 months ago

So on Monday I'll be rebuilding my rig with a new motherboard. I'm not reinstalling windows because my ssd already has it installed. The thing is I'm concerned about drivers. I'm coming from a 7 year old moBo. So I'm really worried about conflicting drivers from what is on the ssd and that which the motherboard requires. Another concern is the fact that my pc doesn't have an optical drive and the MSI B150M Bazooka includes a driver disk. I know the drivers are available on their website but I'm not sure how that would work. Help please :)

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

You most likely will need to reinstall windows when changing a motherboard and cpu - windows wont allow you to - Probably the best bet anyways. I wouldn't try to run an installation of windows from an older pc to your new one. Just do a clean install - will be better in the long term

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Glad I have a spare copy of windows lying around then.

• 51 months ago
  • 0 points

It doesn't matter, when I changed the motherboard of my PC, my drivers automatically got automatically updated..

All u have got to do is go to the MSI Bazooka page and click on:

http://www.msi.com/product/motherboard/support/B150M-BAZOOKA.html#down-driver

.. just select ur OS & u are good to go..

One free utility which has helped me a great deal is the IOBIT DRIVER BOOSTER.. the only difference between the Pro & Free versions is that the driver download speed in the free version is very slow.. about 50KB/s whereas the pro version supports Max possible speeds..

Try it out if u suspect ur drivers are old.. http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

No dont really just go to the website..

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Not really sure about that driver booster. But if its as simple as you say then I have little to worry about and I'm making a fuss about nothing.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Trust me, it's just ur anxiety.. :-DD))

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube