add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

AMD FX 6300 or 8320

jock192
  • 78 months ago

This is for a gaming machine and both can fit in my budget, but I don't like spending more money if it's not warranted. I see the Pro's as; FX6300 has a Lower TDP and the FX8320 has 2 extra cores, they both run at near identical speeds. I will be using it with a graphics cards but I'll be buying that a different time when I see a good deal.

Comments

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

To be honest, it all depends on your overall budget. If your budget is $2000k+, then an 8350, i5, or i7 would be very at home. If you're looking at an extreme $500 budget machine, then something like the AMD Athlon X2 750k would be a better option.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

My budget is about $600-700, of which I've spent $130. So, I'm willing to spend a little bit more here and there. I see it as either I spend an extra $40 on the CPU, or I take that extra $40 and get a better SSD.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

For gaming get a 6300 and a better GPU.

• 78 months ago
  • 0 points

8320 will be better all around and if you can fit it in the budget then you would be better off with it, and you can over clock it to the point where it can keep up with a stock 8350. you might even be about to overclock it higher then the stock 8350 with a good cooler.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Wouldn't the 6300 be easier to overclock than the 8320? Because of the different power consumptions, due to the limit's of how high the motherboard may support.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

well if your going with amd matx im not really sure about overclocking and all that. i was just going off the 2 cpus and which one would do better in a regular setup. idk really anything about matx amd stuff.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

The mATX motherboards tend to usually support from 125w to 140w for the CPU. That is why I figured the 6300 would be easier to overclock since it's max TDP is 95w, leaving more power to work with.

• 78 months ago
  • 0 points

Are you going to be using dual graphics card setup, or one really high end card? If so, go with the 8320.

If not, the 6300 will suffice your needs.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Most of the mATX boards don't support more than one graphics card for AMD CPU's. But I plan to use an high end card, I was thinking either the 7850/70 or the 7950/70's.

• 78 months ago
  • 0 points

in my opinion, the 8320 would be much better, they are near in terms of price, but it all depends on the graphic card if you are getting for exemple a titan, then not evenm the 8320 would be good, you would need to get and 17 or 15... Make the price of the video card and the cpu more a less equal, so if you would buy a 8320, you could get a an asus radeon 7850, or a little more

Hope it Helped

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

That was the plan to pair the 6300 or 8320 with an 7850 or 7950. The Titan doesn't even make an argument, most processors would bottleneck even the i5 and i7, if I'm right faster RAM would make a bigger difference. Furthermore, bottlenecks are only a problem in my opinion if you going to sit around playing with benchmarks.

• 78 months ago
  • 0 points

I chose the FX 6300 for my build for these 3 reasons:

1) It is fast enough for what I am doing, music and video streaming.

2) The TDP is 95 watts compared to the FX 8320 @ 125 watts.

3) The price I paid was $50 less than the 8320.

Of course for gaming you might want the 8-core FX 8320 or even the 8350 if you can get it on sale and fit it into your budget.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

See, this what I'm curious about does the 2 extra cores actually make it faster when both of there core clocks are at 3.5ghz? Programs and Games would have actually utilize the extra cores fore a difference.

• 78 months ago
  • 0 points

You should post your proposed builds but anyway if its your saved parts list I thought I would suggest a pcie wifi card. I have pci cards in both mine and it bothers me how they block the lower part of the gpu fans. Yours looks lower profile than mine but I just thought I'd mention it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube