add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Any help would be great!!!

Bspang89
  • 85 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FpUC

Hey I was just looking for some advise on the parts I have picked out for my first build. Just so you know I have just recently become interested in building my own custom pc, so I am a total noob:) So there is probably lots of stupid mistakes. My budget is anywhere from $1,000-$1,200. Any help getting this down near $1,000 would be great.

Comments

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you considered the "ASRock Z77 Extreme4" motherboard instead? Save you a bit of money, not sure you'd notice any difference. Furthermore, do you really need a Blu-Ray Player? Save quite a bit if you knocked that down to a typical CD drive.

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

hi, it is great building your own PC. I have just finished my first one so I do not know a lot more than you, so I won't comment much on the build you suggest other than I recommend you go for windows 7 not 8 as 8 is resource heavy and not something I would risk a new PC on, and I would get a smaller power supply as the parts you picked are less than 250w - 350 would give you spare enough, unless you plan on upgrading something/s in this PC that is going to double its power consumption? Changing those two things will take the cost down too.

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks guys for the info. I will check out that other mobo. About the power supply, I was thinking of adding a second video card at some point. Should I still try to find a lower watt one?

• 84 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi Bspang89 if you plan on changing it soon then I agree go for the bigger power supply but if that is a year or more down the line and you want to have a quiet PC in the meantime I would go for what you need now, powerr supplies are not that dear to change compared to the cost of new graphics cards!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube