add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My friend thinks africa doesnt deserve a good economy

Xorex64
  • 49 months ago

His reasoning :

It doesnt have any natural valuable resources

"Im not offending them, it's just my opinion"

Thats it.

What do you think about this?

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 5 points

Your friend is an idiot and is ignorant.

Lots of African countries have great economies and the ones that don't are the war-torn ones with super oppressive governments.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Your friend is an idiot and is ignorant.

Couldn't have said it any better myself xD

[comment deleted]
  • 49 months ago
  • 2 points

The problem is your friend made a factual statement that is just false. Africa has an enormous amount of natural mineral deposits that are very valuable. Not to mention oil.

Example 1
Example 2

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

What drugs was he on?!?!

LOL,

africa was been pretty war torn since the abolition of aparthied in the early 90s but since then its only gotten worst. I do think africa diserves a good economy, but i also think MAJOR changes to its government and social classes need to be made before it can be considered a "First world country"

To me, thats opinion is offensive to many people because it not only says "**** you!" To the ones living in lower class housing like slums but it aslo says "I dont think you should have a chance to leave this hard life full of poverty and malnurishment"

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

it can be considered a "First world country"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa

Africa is the world's second-largest and second-most-populous continent.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

What drugs was he on?!?!

(pass those my way)

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

*passes smokable bleach

*coughs hard

*in a high tone

take a hit man!!

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I dunno but i want some

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

*in scary demonic voice

SMOKE IT

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I think Africa does actually. Seriously, gold & diamond mining are HUGE in Africa, not to mention other possible resources. And him saying that "Africa" doesn't deserve a good economy makes no sense, as he's saying the whole continent... Not just a state.

Some African countries DO have a good economy, and are doing pretty well actually. They deserve to be able to fend for themselves and able to be self sustaining.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

@SouthAfrica

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

But gold and diamonds will fall into a secondary priority with time, if that's not the case already. With time mankind will develop synthetic materials that will do as good or better than the existing minerals -gold, diamonds, copper-.

Mineral dependent countries will face a slowdown in their income related to minerals in the future. They will have to turn to another kind of industry. At least this will be the case for Chile, my country.

Regarding Africa, I think that little progress will come in the future because there isn't a big determination to change the order of things. That happens everywhere.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

That's true, but it's a start to getting other countries off from the ground and starting to find new ways to produce more money in order to make their country better

Also, that's going to take quite a long time to make gold like that. It takes INCREDIBLE amounts of heat & pressure, something we can't really do, and if we could it's extremely inefficient. Mining will still become something that's commonplace in African countries for a while.

Plus, there are synthetic diamonds made and while those are taking over the market, there is still ONE company which is making / mining all of the diamonds and selling them for a crazy high price.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I know gold isn't going to be replaced anytime soon, but I'm sure in maybe 20 to 30 years from now we'll have a synthetic gold roaming the majority of the market.

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

RIP inflation

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Completely disregards the history of the country.

Like going "Sorry for mining your valuable resources and enslaving much of your population, which ultimately led to the poverty and political corruption you face today. But because of that you don't deserve a good economy!".

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Or something like this

You trip your friend over, he gets his nose broken, and he's in the hospital for a while getting face surgery. You end up visiting him, and say the bill and then just completely leave him to pay for something that he can't pay off

Brilliant

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Does your friend actually know what the hell he's talking about or is he just being ignorant and just go based on what people say, what's in movies, or only see the negatives on the news?

It doesn't have any natural valuable resources

So gold isn't valuable?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, gold is used MUCH more than you think

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

doesn't deserve??? That statement is so messed up I am having a hard time starting a response.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Doesn't Africa have gold out of the ***?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Why are your friends ridiculously stupid? Are you sure that they go to school?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

You have been a straight savage the last couple days. pls no roast me

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Just don't be cringe worthy.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

A job? Never heard of it.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Pshh. Gotta buy them dank 360 no scope simulators somehow.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

super wrong

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Africa has gold, uranium, tantalum, cobalt, diamonds and a host of other materials without which society would have a difficult time functioning

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh god this is about to be even worse than the eurobeat incedent

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope. Not as violent.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

eh

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

There are many places in Africa that have viable natural resources, there are also many that don't. The big problem, as others have noted, is many of them are stuck under corrupt governments and have been for a long time. Until stability becomes the norm, companies can't risk the investment needed for them to do business there. For the others, sending foreign aid won't help, it doesn't change the climate or the arability of the soil. They need industrial development, but it's not possible at present.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

So... Screw them for living there?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Bravo!

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

Probably not, otherwise realising what he said he'd be pretty salty about it

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

HA

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube