add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT fan hub + Noctua low noise adapter help

Master-Zixx
  • 45 months ago

I have all 5 of my case fans, (3 bog standard corsair 120mm fans and 2 corsair af120 white led fans) to an NZXT Grid 10 port fan hub. They're loud inside my air 240 case because of the lack of noise dampening as well as being connected by molex. I would like them quieter.

According to a Tom Hardware forum post I've lost, NZXT support says to just attach a noise adapter between the molex and the hub.

While Noctua states never to run more than one fan off a single low noise adapter.

The safest would be to get two boxes of Noctua adapters (3 per box) and routing them between each fan and the hub. This however would be a pain with cable routing. Something I am pretty bad at.

Otherwise I've looked into NZXT's Grid+ v2, pretty awesome! A bit expensive for my taste however...

The easiest option of course is the single adapter between the molex and the hub. I just worry that doesn't work and I have no clue what the results would be if it doesn't. Any suggestions?

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, pretty much. I messaged NZXT and they said the exact same thing. Thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube