add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Master-Zixx
  • 44 months ago

Here's my current PC,

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor £166.96 @ More Computers
Motherboard MSI B150M BAZOOKA Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £67.24 @ More Computers
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory £52.98 @ Ebuyer
Storage Samsung 840 Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive -
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Superclocked ACX Video Card -
Case Corsair Air 240 MicroATX Mid Tower Case £79.99 @ Amazon UK
Power Supply XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £83.20 @ Amazon UK
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit -
Case Fan Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM 120mm Fan £19.98 @ Ebuyer
Monitor BenQ XL2420G 24.0" 144Hz Monitor £512.37 @ PC World Business
Keyboard SteelSeries APEX Wired Gaming Keyboard £80.66 @ Amazon UK
Mouse Razer Razer Naga 2014 Wired Laser Mouse £160.00 @ Amazon UK
Headphones Sennheiser PC330 Headset £72.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk
Other NZXT Grid 10 Port Fan Hub Purchased For £9.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £1305.81
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-20 07:11 BST+0100

While the noise always was on the loud side it was easily drowned out in the old, small flat as it hid underneath the desk. In the new large living/dining room, as it is situated barely a foot from my head ontop of the new desk, it is very loud. So loud I can hear it from upstairs. I understand this is due to the aucoustics of the new house, but it is beginning to bother me. Thus I am looking for suggestions on how to make it more silent.

Any case/fan accessories you would suggest? Any part replacements? Hell, new fans or even a whole new case (please only suggest this as a last resort)? I'm open to anything. I don't have a budget, in fact I don't have any money spare as of this moment. I know I'll be living with the noise for the time being, but when I get round to it... I'd like to plan ahead. Of course the lower the cost, the better. But I am really looking for quiet/near silent. That living room is loud. So I'm open to all suggestions

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Those fans are 20 GBP a pop! O.O Any mATX case suggestions?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

How many fans do you currently have in your case?

And how are they hooked up?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

4 two of the stock in the top and the 2 led in the front, all connected to the fan hub to the psu.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

How are you controling fan speed?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

At this point in time, I'm not

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

That's what's causing your noise problem.

The heat of your CPU and GPU requires fans to keep them cool. But the fan speed should ramp up with tempersture.

If your fans are pluged straight into your PSU then they will operate at full speed all the time.

If you can plug the fans into the fan headers on your mobo then the mobo will regulate the fanspeed based on the mobo's temp sensor.

How many fan headers do you have on your mobo?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Two 4 pin headers only. The fans are three pin however?

Edit: would this be any good? http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/akasa-5-pwm-fans-from-single-pwm-header-cable-a96nl

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Cheack out the Define S from Fractal Design, sorry im on mobile and cannot link it, it would be perfect though but you may want to choose an ATX motherboard if you went that route.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube