add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

The killing of Harambe the gorrila. What is your opinion on the matter?

Xorex64
  • 45 months ago

Ftr : I meant to post this way before, when it was still relevant

If you dont know what happened, let me fill you in. A 4 year old boy got into a gorrila enclosure in the cincinatti zoo, a special team arrived and deided to fatally shoot the gorrila. The boy recovered.

My opinion : In the best interest of the safety of the child, the decision to shoot the gorrila was the best course of action. I wish Harambe did not have to die, but **** happens.

Note : tranquilizer would not be an effective solution in that case, and it is debated over whether Harambe was being altruistic or dominant towards the child. The real problem here is the mother.

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

They definitely needed to kill him. It's very sad and it should never have had to happen. That mother is miserably bad at parenting and needs to go through some rehab process to ensure she is fit to raise kids. It's the moms fault this happened.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Completely agreed.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

They definitely needed to kill him

...the decision to shoot the gorrila was the best course of action

It's very sad and it should never have had to happen.

I wish Harambe did not have to die, but **** happens.

It's the moms fault this happened.

The real problem here is the mother

After years of searching, i have found a smart person on the internet

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

... he's smart because he agrees with you? XD

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

I believe the sentiment was I am smart because I am rational/reasonable.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I know, but that's not what he presented and I was feeling troll-y.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Spot on.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

It doesn't matter if the gorilla was the kindest thing on the earth, or the most savage animal known to man. The issue here is people being stupid and going against the rules that were clearly stated by the zoo itself, and now people are going to try to sue the company that owns the place because one person made one mistake, and went against the rules set by the place in itself.

It doesn't matter if someone watched you step on a landmine and didn't stop you, or they pushed you onto it. You still died, and that's the consequence

Sometimes drastic measures have to be made to ensure public safety. However, human stupidity is endless, which makes this null.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

tranquilizer would not be an effective solution in that case

I agree with your opinion completely, and to add on, a tranquilizer makes your muscles clinch from what I understand. So it probably would have broke the child in some way if they would have shot him with one.

• 45 months ago
  • 0 points

Put it in perspective.

The life of a human being, or the life of an animal.

I would gladly shoot the gorilla again if it meant saving someones life. I love animals, but I think the choice is obvious.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

One could argue that while there is an abundance of humans on the earth (too many in fact) there is a diminishing number of these gorillas due to hunting/poaching, and it's ok to take a loss of a human because we have too many already, but we should not add to the problem facing the gorillas.

Not saying I agree with that at all, but it is a valid argument.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

And at that point you would value the life of an animal more than that of a human, which I'm not okay with. Just my personal thoughts.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Well actually it would be about scale or conservation at that point, not the human vs gorilla.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Totally agree. It sucks that he had to be shot and the mother of the child is really at fault here. The death of that gorilla is on her.

[comment deleted]
  • 45 months ago
  • 1 point

No, not one that was going to work and make sure the kid was safe. Otherwise they would have done it

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube