add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need final advice on PC please

MAOwarrior

75 months ago

I'm planning on buying this in about a week so i just wanted to check if anybody had any ideas on getting more for my money or fix any problems i haven't seen, im only looking to do basic gaming on it 1080p at medium/high with decent framerates on bf3, bf4 borderlands 2 and crysis 2, i will most likely look into overclocking and in the future may pop in another GTX760 for sli. Also i heard AMD can be better price/performance so what is the equivalent, any/all advice is appreciated. ALso i noticed the compatibility issues with the motherbord and case about the front usb 3.0's, can i just ignore that as i have the ones in the back at least or will get in the way of the case? (just a tad paranoid) Thanks

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/MAOwarrior/saved/2RUN

Comments

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

You can simply not use the case's front headers.

If you plan to use SLI in the future, you're gonna need to buy a more powerful power supply now (as they do last quite awhile)

Might I recommend waiting until Black Friday/Cyber Monday? It's what I'm personally doing and I'm hoping for great discounts.

All the best.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

black friday, is that an American holiday ?

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

agreed, wait for cyber Monday. Also, for $99, you can easily find a motherboard with usb 3.0.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

cyber monday ?

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Its a great build but if you want to OC/SLI then you need a 990 chipset based board.

• 990fx - x16,x16,x4 (dual x16 for Crossfire/SLI)
  • 990x - x16,x8,x4 (x8 x8 for Crossfire/SLI)
  • 970 - x16,x4 (x16 x4 for Crossfire/SLI)
  • 75 months ago
  • 1 point

ok thnx

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah, its the online iquivilent to black Friday.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube