add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Your thoughts on trophy/sport/recreational hunting

Xorex64
  • 43 months ago

I want to know how you feel about it, is it wrong? Is it fine? Shouod there be certain rules everyone should follow? What rules would there be for you if you went hunting?

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Never have been hunting before, so I don't really have an opinion

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

My opinion is that it should be for vermin control only, the trophy hunting part causes too many problems, and as soon as there are endangered animals involved it should be an automatic no to shooting them. If they have too many in one place, relocate them elsewhere instead.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Well of course you have to have licenses to hunt and everything, and all that I've ever hunted has been for food. Deer, duck, dove, hogs, squirrels, etc. have all been killed and eaten. It's the way I was raised, and have never really understood why people hunt for "trophies" only. That being said, I know many hunters who don't keep them and eat them usually donate the meat for shelters. (Big sport hunters, competitions, one guy I met on a deer lease, etc.)

The only time I haven't eaten them is now, because there's currently a hog problem at my grandparents/aunts and uncles place (a lot of land in the country) and they're being overrun. There is a very big feral hog problem around here though. And even then, when we killed a couple we managed to find some people up the road who took them to clean.

Hunting is fine, as long as you do it legally and don't do it just because you want to fulfill childish dreams of killing stuff with guns. Join the Marines for that.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Never gone hunting, I'm young and such but really it's impossible here. I believe there's laws against hunting in any form and there's not much to hunt on anyway.

The Netherlands is where I live, fyi.

I think the animals shouldn't suffer, and that parents of vulnerable young shouldn't be killed during hunts, if thereby leaving the young to die. That's cruel.

And no endangered animals should be killed, of course.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

With some animals like wild hogs they are huge problem when they cause damage to livestock and they definitely need to be hunted. Same for deers to some degree since in some areas they don't have much if any predators to control their numbers.

http://wildpiginfo.msstate.edu/damage-caused-by-pigs.html

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

What do you think about hunting endangered animals? What do you do with the bodies about you kill the animals?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I see. What you do seems pretty reasonable.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Oooh. I see what you did there...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube