add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I need the strongest GPU under 400 CAD (out of the box performance, i wont OC)

Xorex64
  • 43 months ago

I will absolutely not go over 400 CAD. I need the strongest out of the box performance possible, it also needs to look good. Im aiming for ~350$. Looking at 1060s, 470s and 480s but it can be any chipset as long as it meets the criteria. I need 30-45fps minimum, 1080p high settings for the following titles :

Sleeping dogs

What the box

GTA V

Cod BO3, Ghosts, and MW

Team fortress 2

Overwatch

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

I would recommend the RX 480. In the long run you can get a second one for a bit more performance if your case and motherboard will support it. That won't be an option with the gtx 1060.

I would also agree with MrXanthios on the gtx 1070 if you can stretch the budget.

Each of the recommended cards should achieve what you're asking for though.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I definitely would go for a 1060. If you can save a bit more money I would recommend to you a 1070. It is a few bucks more than the 1060, but that's the ultimate card for 1080p, you will never need anything more powerful at that resolution.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

RX 480 8GB or GTX 1060 6GB should work. Just get whatever is cheaper and when picking what partner card, just get what works best.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube