add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

50 pushups a day challenge? Is it worth it?

Xorex64
  • 42 months ago

Do you guys think so? I started today but now im having second thoughts.

Day one - complete

Day two - complete

Day 3 - complete

Day 4 - complete oct 10

Day 5 - complete

Day 6- complete oct 12

Day 7 - more than complete (100 pushups and 150 bicep curls)

Day 8 - complete. more like 150 pushups. Did a scrub workout. Im switching to 100 pushups a day.

Day 9- done

Day 10 - done

Day 11 - done

Day 12 - done

Day 13 - done 200

Day 14 - done

October 21 Day 15 - done 300. I legit have 2 friends that think im mentally insane. 50 is a minimum now. Im doing anywhere between 50 and 300

Day 28 - done. Almost...there....

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

50 pushups a week would be a challenge for me!

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Thats 7 pushups a day plus one extra, come on, you can do better than that. I can do better than that, the Queen of England can do better than that.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Its a place to start. Stick with it, and then expand into some light cardio. I find the hardest part of working out is the time management. Just getting into the habit of spending x amount of time per day working out is more important than what specific acts your doing.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I find the hardest part is actually working up the nerve to START the exercise, and starting again after you drop.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Why stop at just 50 push ups. There's more to your body than your arms/chest. Get the whole thing moving. You'll thank yourself for it.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Who said i'll stop at that? But im starting kinda small. Too much too quick without a buildup isn't fun

I did a 6.5 km run few days ago, thats more than 6 times what i've ever done before that. Body was dead for 3 days afterwards

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice! Non stop?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I had walks in between bursts of jogs. About 150 metres jog for every 100 meters walk.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll do 2-3 per hour!

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually? You can't do 10 in a row?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

About 5, chronically ill eh

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm pretty fit, but I started with 50 a day. Then 50 in the morning and 50 at night. Now I can do like 150 without stopping. So it is worth it. But, I am pretty fit.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Now I can do like 150 without stopping

You mean 150 in a row without dropping or stopping for a short (5-30 second) break? Damn. That, thats impressive.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I probably should do something like that to balance out the fact that I'm riding 18km per day at the moment just getting to and from university

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah i jog about 5-7km (3-5 miles) per day and i think 50 pushups could be a good balance of the two.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I think we'd probably need to add something else into it but it would be a lot better than just the run/ride on its own

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah for a busy college student it'll have to suffice lol

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

ikr, I don't enjoy that part, especially seeing as it is close to my thesis submission date now

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes and midterms for me are approaching fast lol

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I just tried doing 50 but I could only do 10 but in my defense I am sick. Its worth if you want to improve strength. Now if you want better cardio that isn't going to do much for it.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

If you aren't going to workout that day, you should at least do 30 pushups.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

i started with 33 morning, 34 after school, 33 night

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Its easier if you break it up throughout the day

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

If it's going to get you off your *** and doing something of course it's worth it! After you've done that keep it up and add 50 situps... then try and add pull ups... just gradually building up! I bet you find you enjoy it in the end!

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I do 40 morning 40 night :)

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I usually just do 20 before I go to bed and do weights in school, so I'm doing 30-35 a day along with Dead-Lifts, Curls, Benching, and various other excercises.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok. I'll be back 29 days later with my results

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll do it with you too.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

:)

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea me too and jog a couple miles everyday

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

:)

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube