add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What is the AMD equivelant of the GTX 760 ?

MAOwarrior

74 months ago

My build for x-mas is this http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/MAOwarrior/saved/2T78 =(£630/$1030) and i was wondering if i could get better value for money or a cheaper card for the same performance, im planning to play bf3, bf4, crysis 3 at 1080p on at least medium thnx

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

This would be a good option - it will handle all those games on Ultra (not sure about C3 though).

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

is the extra GB of memory really worth the lack in speed and worse cooler?

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Not unless you are playing on more then one monitor and or at a higher resolution. 2gb is enough considering it is GDDR5 which believe it or not is blazing fast next gen memory.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm only planning one 1080p monitor, by the time 4K is affordable I'm sure to have upgraded my graphics card

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

A 270x or the 7950 would be about the same, but if you can stretch the budget, you can go for a 7970.

• 74 months ago
  • 0 points

my budget is already just over and im having to salvage my old laptops os

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Dude I have been trying to clone my laptop's OS without much success, have you been able to transfer OS's?

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Not clone it simply use the key on the bottom of it, I have a 64bit windows pc from another pc in the house

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

I suggest you get a GTX 670(Asus) which is $200 after rebate(right now) and is a beast of a GPU.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Rebate?

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

well i don't know current price of a gtx670 but lets say it is normally 250$ well you pay 250$ then on your receipt it tells you how to get a rebate and what to do and then they will send you 50$ back

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah ive never seen that sorta thing in the UK :/

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

might be US thing then but well since 2/3 of the games you included are BF i would say get a R9 270 or 270x since BF4 is optimized for amd and mantle update is in dec

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah your lucky with your lack of tax and amazing black Friday deals :)

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

only problem being that the R9270 even the R9270x is that they are both slower and don't have as good coolers, also the GTX 760(hawk) can do 3 way sli which I will be looking into around summer time

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube