add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need RPG suggestions

Master-Zixx

39 months ago

Not for me. But for the gamer in training. If you've seen my completed builds you'll know that my gf's daughter loves her pc gaming. Her current games are Sims 3 and Minecraft but from when I still had my WoW sub (6 months sober! Woo!), and her level 34 gnome mage, I know she really likes rpgs. I'd like to introduce her to the genre a bit more, I'm just not entirely sure where to start since she's eight years old and the first rpgs that spring to mind are those I love. Dragon Age, Witcher, Fable, Elder Scrolls and all of these can be quite grown up...

In lay mans terms, I'd like to know your top picks for RPGs that don't contain excessive gore, horror or adult themes. I'm not bothered about violence or official age ratings. I'm not too keen on indie games but prove me wrong :)

Edit: Fable Anniversary and Skyrim are a pair that I'm tempted to say are okay...

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Skyrim. Its not gorey. Sure there is blood but that is about it as far as "gore". There really isn't any adult themes either.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

No that's my thoughts as well and it is one of my all time favourite rpgs. Plus since its first person it is quite similar in controls to mine craft.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

The fable anniversary does seem to be a great choice... So do the final fantasy games like 7,8,and 13 (all 3 parts).

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Kingdoms of amular is quiet cartoony. It does have blood spraying everywhere, but aside from the quiet toned down and no real adult themes, an an amazing game in general.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I need to play that myself. Also I think just a touch too scary. Edit, referring to darksouls

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube