add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Any issue with recent AMD GPU's?

mstrmind820937
  • 41 months ago

Having had a GTX 970 and then reading about the 1070, I was wondering if AMD have had issues with there GPU lineup recently, that would be helpful when deciding which GPU's to consider?

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

There was the small issue with the Rx 480 power draw through the PCI lanes. It however has been solved by later AMD drivers, and with aftermarket PCBs including an 8 pin power input rather than the reference 6 pin.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Going purely off anecdotal evidence, I tend to see about a proportional number of issues (topics in GPU or troubleshooting forums) between AMD and nvidia graphics cards. (I see more issues with nvidia cards, but there are also more people buying them so the incidence rate of problems is probably equal). This is in no way scientific. I kept track for a short time about 4 months ago and it was about 4 to 1 - nvidia to AMD for troubleshooting.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube