add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
theandroids
  • 43 months ago

Hi, just wondering if you guys think it would be ok, to mount the fan on the top side of the cooler so it sits on top of the bequiet! logo?

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

No, that wouldn't do anything. The top is solid...

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Lmao sorry i think you misunderstood as i didn't give you more info. Not actually on top of logo itself. For e.g. if the logo on the front is horizontal, with the fan on top side, instead of underneath, so the fan is facing the roof of the case.

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

So I think you mean pushing air through the side of the cooler, instead of the front, as designed. When mounted, the side will be facing the top of your case.

I have mine at the back of the cooler pulling air through it, to clear space for RAM and it works just fine. Be Quiet very kindly sent me spare clips at no charge so I can also try additionally pushing air through with a slimline fan from the RAM area.

Your suggested setup sounds pretty non-standard and would need careful monitoring. You will be pushing some cool air through the vanes of the cooler, just not in the flow intended by the manufacturer. Can we ask why you want to mount it this way?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your reply. It was purely for aesthetics. I have ended up just leaving the fan underneath the cooler so it's under the logo, Like how Joker Productions mounted his. I don't see a lot of people mounting it like this though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3MUWd1G928

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds interesting, pop up some pics when you have it built! Good luck.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Will do!

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Build complete :)

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh ok I see now.

I still don't think that would do anything at you'd be disrupting the airflow of the case, it's better to mount one on each side so the air flows from the front out the back.

I mean you can try, I personally don't think it will do much though.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube