add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can someone explain why Anita Sarkeesian gets so much hate?

Xorex64
  • 42 months ago

I've seen one of her talks. All her points seem true and reasonable. What did she do to get so much hate? Is there something i'm missing?

I changed my mind

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 5 points

She is extremely biased/talks out of her *** a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgvYJ9Ei90Y

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Roasted

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, i've seen enough ignorance to reverse my opinion

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean you can have valid points and still be kind of a ****.

I think a lot of people got upset because she was talking about sexist issues in gaming culture while being pretty much an outsider and not really having the best understanding of the games she was talking about.

As to the specifics, no idea. I never got caught up in the whole "Gamergate" thing. Most people said it was an ethics in gaming journalism thing (which is a definite problem) but some people tied it into the whole anti-pc movement. Honestly it's complicated enough that I'm sure many people have made documentaries describing what happened and why, if you really want to get into it.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Ummmm... Who's Anita Sarkeesian?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I love (not really) the ones who will say they want to be equal to men in every aspect, and yet will still use their femininity to get what they want.

How's that equality treating you?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Because she's a feminist who blames men for nearly everything

Thats not a feminist

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Because she's a feminist who blames men for nearly everything

Thats not a feminist

Exactly

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube