add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Blue screening while only playing Garry's Mod.

ThisOneisOdd
  • 77 months ago

Hey guys! So a little over a week ago I built my first PC. Everything has been working well, and I am content with my choices. I had downloaded Garry's Mod off of steam, so I can play the occasional game of Trouble in Terrorist Town. The first time I played, I had played for probably half an hour, and I got a blue screen saying that it was a hardware issue. I decided to see if that happened in any other games, so I had played Payday 2 AND Smite, for a total of 3 hours with basically no breaks. I did not get the same issue. Last night, I had retried playing TTT, and behold the blue screen was back to freak me out once again. I was wondering if it was really a hardware issue, or if it is just an issue with GMod and my drivers.

Here is my spec list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ThisOneisOdd/saved/2Oo9

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

What is the error code/message?

• 77 months ago
  • 0 points

If you are sure that Trouble in Terrorist Town is the only thing that is giving you issues then it is safe to assume that it is a compatibility issue between that particular game and your video card/drivers. I would take a look/try at some of the even more system intensive games and see how the computer holds up with them.

Perhaps do a search for Trouble in Terrorist Town video issues (perhaps even put your video card name/model in the search) or problems and see what comes up. You may find you are not the only one having these problems.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube