add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

SSD for Browsing the web and Gaming

Saiko689
  • 41 months ago

for browsing the web and gaming what should I be looking for when researching the specs for an ssd? Torn between Crucial MX300, SK Hynix and 850 evo. Thanks

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

all 3 very good ssd's. I would just get the cheapest since you won't notice any difference in performance.

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

Thanks!

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm in agreement with Enrico. Personally I'd choose between the Crucial and the Samsung, I'm not familiar with the other brand. The 850 evo is the best out of the three as far as specs go, but like he said you most likely won't notice a difference. If you can get the Samsung at or around the same price as the others get it, otherwise I wouldn't bother paying a lot more for it.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, I just don't have any first hand experience using their branded products, I do with Crucial and Samsung.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the 250 and 500 GB of the SK Hynix and they are not very good. I got them because I read some great reviews as well as rock bottom prices. CrystalMark puts them much lower than the EVO and not even as good as my ADATA SP500 standard buy.
Go with the EVO or ADATA's new 3d nand version.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for the reply ^

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I can vouch for the Crucial MX300. Works great for the price!

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube