add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

z170 motherboard choices

mstrmind820937
  • 38 months ago

Which are the better z170 motherboards to consider? Must be ATX, good bios and easy overclocking program/faciilty for beginners to overclocking. Optional - plenty of sata 6GB ports, say 6+.

Personal experience welcome.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Budget?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Anywhere upto about £150, which should cover most boards I believe, but I can go a little higher if needed.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Most boards? I wouldn't say so. There's a decent amount though. If you can, go for the MSI Pro Carbon as it is a stellar board with great features.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

So I would need to go up to £200 then, if it gets me in the range of the better boards, then I can stretch to that.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

The MSI Z170-A GAMING PRO CARBON is £140.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I can vouch for the Asus Z170-A Motherboard. It runs great for me and the BIOS is very easy to use. Has a EZ Tuning feature for easily overclocking your system (as long as you have a K processor). It only asks a few questions like what the computer is used for, what type of cooling and it auto oveclocks it for you just like that. It also has a feature to tune your fans for better performance and may other features. It has 6 Sata 6GB ports (all of which are usable unless using m.2 which then you lose 1 sata port). There are for sure other great choices. But this is the board I use so I chose to vouch for it.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170-A/

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube