add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Update Bios/Drivers or not?

mstrmind820937
  • 35 months ago

Have just built a new system with these main componets:

6700k, Asus Maximus Hero 8 Z170, 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB,

The motherboard has the first bios version 0241 (2 years old), since then there have been 18 new bios revisions released with the most recent being 3401, dated 3 weeks ago. There is nothing wrong with my board that I notice. So with that in mind, should I update my bios to the newest/newer version and should I also update all the other motherboard drivers to their newest ones as well?

Thanks.

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

you can get kabby lake compatibility so its a pretty nice option. bios updates are nothing to worry about but i'd suggest it.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!

You also suggest updating all necessary drivers as well?

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Update your sound drivers, ethernet drivers and chipset drivers art the very least.

Rest should not really matters unless you are using some features which are covered by updates like RAID updates.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

I notice certain chipset drivers get updated regularly but the" Inf " driver doesn't seem to . Don't know if thats normal or not.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want. I suggest finding and updating to the update that supports kabby lake CPUs and then getting the newest update.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube