add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How do you mark inbox items as read?

lenoz
  • 85 months ago

I am sure I am being dumb but can't see how to do it. Nearly all the comments/replies I have received into my inbox have been responses to two forum threads I started. If I view those threads, the replies all stay as "unread", even if I click on each individual reply on the "Unread" page (i.e. loading each of the two forum threads multiple times) then they still don't get marked as read. Most odd. Help! It's hard to monitor interaction at the moment.

Comments

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

Click the body of the message when viewing your inbox. The gray border around the message should disappear, and when the page is refreshed, it will move to "read."

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

Brilliant! Thank you so much. I'm going to go ahead and say, er... that is not intuitive! ;-)

• 85 months ago
  • 2 points

I agree--when I first joined this site I only found out how to do that by randomly clicking everything :P

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

You can click, but you can also respond to the message.

I wish there was a "mark as read" thing, it took me some time to figure it out myself. n.n

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

The "click to mark unread" behavior certainly isn't as intuitive as I thought it would be. I'll see if I can make that operate in a more intuitive manner. Reddit, for instance, just marks it as read when you see it through your inbox view. I may switch it over to mark it that way.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube