add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help between two wireless adapters.

morrisventus

27 months ago

I currently have two options.

1. 2 months used TP-Link AC1300 Wireless Dual Band PCI-Express Adapter (Archer T6E)for $35 shipped.

2. Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV for 36 on amazon.

To me, TP-Link does offer faster speed, and its original pricing is higher than that of Gigabyte.

But Gigabyte comes with bluetooth.

I use FIOS quantum gateway 75/75, and they both do support ac.

They are the same price, which one should I go with?

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

What is your motherboard? If your motherboard has built-in Bluetooth, then go TP-Link. If you want bluetooth, then go Gigabyte. This is really about your preferences. I say if you game online often and/or watch Youtube often, then go with the faster Wifi, TP-Link. Looking at these card, it looks like their speeds will be about the same. If your PC is up against a wall, and you are willing to use the Gigabyte antennae included with the card, it will be faster because no interference (depending on where you put the wifi antennae). Hope this helps!

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I would go to the Gigabyte forums and see what people say about the bluetooth connectivity or signal strength. I just added a Bluetooth dongle to my PC but having herd of interference issues when trying to put them in USB 3.0 sockets I made sure I hooked it up to a USB 2.0 and added an extender cable. The USB extender makes sure the BT transceiver is not behind my system.

I have no testing of my own on signals boost or if any interference would have occurred. I just read the forums that said ist COULD be and issue, so I decided to preventively set it up the way I did.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube