add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Repairing drive C:/ every time at boot

Master-Zixx
  • 32 months ago

Permalink: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/drpcsJ

Crystal Disk Marks SMART readings are "Good".

Video of what I see: https://youtu.be/eOVRtoPO8uY

Title says it all, I unplugged the sata cables to reroute the cables to try and tidy the back months ago. Now every boot up it takes 5 seconds to repair a number of random strings of files on drive C. Boots up fine. Everything seems to ne working fine. But that message is making me very paranoid and I'm wondering how I can fix it as there is definitely a problem. Or is it time to replace the drive? :(

Comments

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

With your system drive being an SSD I would normally not expect this to happen, but stranger things...

Every indication is that your drive is failing. If it is still under warranty, request an RMA and back up all your important data. In the mean time you could also try a different cable and see what happens.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Ive added a link to a YouTube video as to what happens exactly

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Definitely changing the cable is the first step..

Also I have found much more accurate HDD performance debugging in "Hard Disk Sentinel Pro"..

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll give you an update when I do. Power or mobo cable?

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Neither dude, the HDD SATA cables.. also do check that the SATA connector on the motherboard is firmly fixed and has not come loose.. Trying a different SATA port will also help weed out the issue..

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I meant which sata cable. The one that plugs into the board or the one that gives power. I gather it's the one that plugs into the board. Still haven't done anything yet. I will update when I do

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Update: switched sata port and tried a new satadata cable at the same time. Still the same problem.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

The problem is definitely the drive.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Agreed, I've been in touch with Samsung and done some serious googling and we both agree its a bad partition and just needs a windows repair tool to delete bad partition :D

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Installing now

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube