add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Does anyone know when the price increase on GPUs will end?

AnUnintelligentPerson

26 months ago

Im aware that it has something to do with ethereum mining or something like that (correct me if I'm wrong), but is there any signs of GPU prices decreasing soon?

My name is AnUnintelligentPerson for a reason.

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

I thinks as sells are doing so well for manufacturers is going to stay high for a while. I encourage you to search for deals and the graphics you plan to buy instead of waiting for prices to come down. Newegg have good deals if you are willing to go the hassle of rebates and subscribe to the email offers

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "Hardware > Other" to "Hardware > Video Cards".

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Prices are starting now.and those poor cards who were pushed so hard so long...are starting to hit the used market.

[comment deleted]
  • 26 months ago
  • 1 point

My guess is prices cards will become available and prices will drop when Ethereum value goes down a just a bit more. But that is what amounts to forecasting one commodity market to then deducing when another commodity market "pc parts" will trickle down...it is hard to say exact times.

I can tell you I have spent the last six weeks trying to buy a used GTX 1070. But every thing I bid for at a reasonable price is out bid to an unreasonable extent very quickly/ I'm not going to buy a 1070 someone bought six months ago for $265 for $380 used - just not going to happen. So I'm waiting like most people.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

I am in the process of building a new pc for gaming and decided to wait 3-6 months to buy a gpu to see how the situation changes. Im just some guy but i don't see this going on longer than that.

The cryptocurrency situation has always been volitile and it seems like usually profit margins arn't very good. Prices might settle down to a higher baseline than before, but i don't see prices being any higher in 3-6 months than they are now worst case

lucky for us integrated GPUs in your CPU work fine for general use while we wait

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube