• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

APhi11_3 1 month ago

I've been having a ton of fun running Cross Country for my High School (I'm a freshman), and I was wondering who else here runs.

It would be super cool if there was running thread where people could write their PRs and long runs and other workouts/tips to help get people faster.

CURRENTLY:

Dumbbell Press: 40lbs

Squat: 60lbs

Shoulder Press: 30lbs

5k PR: 19:49

Longest Run: 5 miles

Athletic.net: https://www.athletic.net/CrossCountry/Athlete.aspx?AID=12206710#/L0

I currently 4th among freshmen in my section and I'd really like to improve to at least top 3.

Edit: Feel free to make fun of my low weight it's actually pretty funny xD.

Comments Sorted by:

vagabond139 5 Builds 9 points 1 month ago

Does running to fridge count?

Cobyfield 2 points 1 month ago

then to the toilet after eating off food

P.S I died as well lmfao

Ice44 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

lmao im dead XD

ThatGoat 1 point 1 month ago

Not unless it takes more than three seconds of exertion. Otherwise your heart-rate doesn't go up enough to count as exercise. /s

APhi11_3 submitter 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

I missed the "/s" and got really confused.

ThatGoat 1 point 1 month ago

That's what it's there for...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That could make a pretty exciting sport...

WirelessCables 1 Build 4 points 1 month ago

I'm Running in the 90s.

TheOfficialCzex 3 Builds 2 points 1 month ago

Running in the 90's is a new way I like to be!

I'm just running in the 90's!

Come on, baby, run to me!

We are running in the 90's, it's a new way to set me free!

I'm just running in the 90's!

Yes, I wanna know, yes, I wanna see!

Ha I ran in a meet yesterday and it was 95 degrees. Some girl must’ve passed out and hit her head or something because they had to call an ambulance. Worked out for me because they ended up shortening the boys race so we didn’t run on the stretch of the course where the ambulance was.

Basically, not a fun meet for anyone

WirelessCables 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

Some girl must’ve passed out and hit her head or something because they had to call an ambulance.

Hope she's ok. I would assume heat was a factor given the fact that it was 95 degrees out.

Doing anything in 95 degree weather except sitting in the shade sucks, so props to you for running in it anyway.

TheOfficialCzex 3 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

But did you get the meme?

That's the real question.

No I guess I'm just stupid xD

WirelessCables 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

Nah, you're not. It's understood pretty much exclusively by car enthusiasts or people who listen to eurobeat.

Xorex64 1 point 1 month ago

I'm not this motivated to run unless it is to macdonald's

Honestly the motivation is really just in constantly trying to beat your PRs over and over again.

That said McDonalds is pretty good motivation too.

Bran_Flakes 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

Yeah I used to run a lot. I've kinda slacked off in all my workouts since Harvey came through due to demoing/rebuild, but I look forward to getting back to the gyms. I miss them <3

APhi11_3 submitter 1 Build 2 points 1 month ago

Dude that sucks. Good luck down there.

Bran_Flakes 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

Thanks man, I actually got out without flooding (talk about a selling point), but a lot of the people I know and go to church with weren't so lucky. Also my church started a program with a local company to help with it all, and I've been volunteering with that.

Luckily a lot of it is physical stuff so I haven't lost them gains or that stamina.

Anyways, back to your topic, I used to run 10k's and what not for fun, but have dropped my running down to just a couple miles a day cause I started swimming a lot and training MMA, so that takes it out of me lol

Alex.88 1 point 1 month ago

I know it's not the same as running, but I used to do a lot of/still do some XC mountain biking, and did some racing on my own and with my university team.

For running, the longest XC run I've done is 3ish miles I believe, don't remember the time - I was OK with the distance, but it felt like running beats up on your joints a lot more than cycling, even a bit more than MTBing depending on how rough the course is (but that could well be because I'm not be used to running).

Captaincow285 1 point 1 month ago

Marching band - on my way home from one now. We got first in our division and second overall.

I do spring track - my fastest official time is 2:35 for an 800, but we all agree the timing there was messed up. From there, my next best is PR is 3:07.

60lbs squat? What.

Man, runners have a weird workout...

I just lift.

Bench: 275

Squat: 445

Deadlift: 510

Combo: 245

Leg press (doesn't really matter): 1080

Tricep isolation (doesn't really matter): 210

11,022m row (doesn't really matter): 55:11

I don't run. :P

Cobyfield 2 points 1 month ago

Do you have biceps like this and girly legs or something haha?

I leg press more than half of a ton, so no.

+1 for funny picture.

Cobyfield 1 point 1 month ago

Leg press (doesn't really matter): 1080

Oh, derp, didn't see. :D

Well most of the team has never lifted before including me so we do a lot of bodyweight stuff. 60 is pretty easy but I do 12 reps x 3 sets and then go run 4 miles.

Yes we runners are weird.

rhali8 2 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

Did a 48km (around 30 miles) hike through rough terrain, jogged almost half of it. This for was for a Kokoda trail challenge.