PCPartPicker

• Register

How do you feel about pro console people?

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

King_Christian 1 month ago

When I say pro console, I'm referring to those who don't admit to the flaws of their platform (xbox, playstation) and constantly defend shady business practices. I AM NOT referring to those who casually play on consoles. My issue is that many refuse to accept that PC is the objectively superior platform for gaming with a long list of benefits. It's annoying to find videos on people making claims against PC, such as "we have better optimization" or "we have exclusives"

This is in no way attempting to attack or slander anyone, I'm trying to point out ignorance and misinformation within a demographic.

Please, share your thoughts.

Comments Sorted by:

Vinyl_Scratch_ 9 points 1 month ago

Well... To be fair, those are reasonable arguments

Consoles will always have more relevant exclusives, will be easier to play and work with, and will have almost always better customer service and reliability than any PC that isn't a Mac. There are legitament reasons why a console is better, even if PC's are more powerful and can do so many more things that a console just can't do

You can't say consoles or the PC is really objectively better, it's comparing a swiss army knife to a scalpel. Sure they both play games but they also do a lot of other things and are entirely focused on doing different tasks

Now if you're being an *** about saying that a console or PC is better, then that's what gets irritating. People can like what they want, personally I found myself spending more time with a console (Thanks Switch) than a PC, but they're just two different things that happen to compete. Sure, consoles are more like PC's than ever before, but they are still so distant that they are considered two different markets.

I dunno, I like both, play what you enjoy and what you want, and as long as you're having fun, that's what matters

Assassin240 1 point 1 month ago

the only reasons consoles are really used anymore is if your friend group has all the same console, and you like a specific exclusive.

where the consoles fall short is the exact same area in a sense, the exclusives are only there to keep people in the market for the systems, if you could get the new halo or uncharted on PC as well it would hurt the market for consoles, but yet it would make the company more money because a wider group would be able to purchase it.

in the end both platforms have their ups and downs, but IMO PC comes out on top.

Vinyl_Scratch_ 2 points 1 month ago

You don't buy consoles. You buy exclusives, and with it, the exclusivity of owning the console

elvenson 4 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

You buy consoles for exclusives and you buy network access to play those consoles... lol

tomtomj2 8 Builds 3 points 1 month ago

Honestly I don't care one bit, I will enjoy what I like, and they can go enjoy whatever they want to their hearts desire. As long as they're not shoving it down my throat I could care less about the whole PC vs Console thing.

King_Christian submitter 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

Good attitude.

legonate416 2 Builds 3 points 1 month ago

I don't think there's a point in arguing with them. If they can't acknowledge objective facts, the conversation is already dead. I mean, I agree that PC has one flaw; compatibility issues. You can buy a game for the PS4 and it will work just fine for the PS4. It's a fool-proof system. (I mean 'fool' in the literal sense)

PC however, you have to look up benchmarks and see if your system can even run it. You may even have to deal with errors and driver issues.

vagabond139 5 Builds 2 points 1 month ago

I think of this. You can't fix stupid if they chose to be stupid.

King_Christian submitter 1 Build 2 points 1 month ago

Quite an interesting read.

haribohungry 2 points 1 month ago

Don’t care about them. They can do what they do as long as it doesn’t affect me.

Nullarc77 2 Builds 2 points 1 month ago

I hate that mentality. But it exists on both PC and console. Not everybody who games on console is what some people call a "Console Peasant". However the type of people you describe are the kind of people I do call console peasants. But there are also people on PC with that mentality who I like to call PC Elitist. People who think not only are they above console gamers, But also anybody with a lower spec PC then them. I have no problem with people who game on console as long as they don't ignore facts in favor of bull crap ideas they have that are not grounded in reality. In my opinion we are just gamers. Let me game in piece and I will let you game in piece. Not all console gamers are peasants and not all PC gamers are elitists. But these moronic fools exist on both platforms. On the console side they are the people that beg developers not to port a game to PC, And on PC they are the kind of people who when a console gamer says something like,"I wish the ps4 had graphics like this," They will say something like,"Should of bought a PC you idiot." Both of these kind of people annoy me but the ones that annoy me the most are on PC. Its weird how ignorant their arguments are sometimes. I have heard console gamers say stuff like,"All PC games have no player base after a month." Which is just stupid to say since League of Legends has more active daily players then amount of PS4s or Xbox Ones were sold in the first year of either being out. League of Legends has around 29 million people active per day and over 150 million people active per month. But I have heard PC gamers say crap like,"Unless you have at least an i7 and a gtx 1070 you are not a real gamer." They say that when there are people that will spend more time on a game in a day then they will in a week. I just find both kinds of people to be some of the must ignorant and foolish people on this planet.

Unless you have at least an i7 and a gtx 1070 you are not a real gamer.

Oh thats funny... real funny. I hate when elitists say you need xyz to be a PC gamer.

If someone is a member of the PCMR, they should be encouraging of those who look to it with enthusiasm and help them. Don't alienate them and make them feel like less of a person.

If someone has a G4560 and a gtx 1050, they're part of the PCMR. If someone has an i7 and a 1080, they're part of the PCMR. It doesnt matter.

Nullarc77 2 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

Exactly. Heck if you have a pentium 4 and all the games you are playing are from the 90s you are still part of the PCMR. I think these people take the term PCMR to seriously. I look at it as more of a joke then anything.

vagabond139 5 Builds 2 points 1 month ago

I cringe when people use the word PCMR seriously.

Nullarc77 2 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

Same here. I am never serious when I use the term. People that actually belive they are part of a master race just because they gane on PC need to be smacked on the back of the head. A gaming platform does not make you better then anyone. But people will belive stupid stuff.

tragiktimes101 1 point 1 month ago

Technically an acronym, or phrase. XD PCMRFLMFADB

BreckRBLX 1 point 21 days ago

You can still be in the PCMR if you have Intel HD ya know.

Captaincow285 2 points 1 month ago

I find their species interesting and hope to capture a few to study their psychology.

Honestly, I have no idea why they think like that and would like to find out.

GeneticallyEngineeringCatgirls 2 points 1 month ago

I really don't care about what one side says. At the end of the day, no one cares about what the other one's preferred platform is. I just want to play my games, watch my Youtube videos, and do my work. Let each other be. In the end, we're all gamers.

Ice44 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

pc has many more exclusives. And its up to the game on the optimization.

TBH I dont really care about those people. I just ignore them as I know that they are ignorant morons

King_Christian submitter 1 Build 2 points 1 month ago

+1

My gripe is that they refuse to listen to reason.

The PC has 7000+ exclusives iirc

Ice44 1 Build 2 points 1 month ago

Lmao ikr. PCMR for life!

Hell yeah!

PCPPAccountant 1 point 1 month ago

From a technical sense, PC's are better in almost every way. From a practical sense, many people who may or may not be tech-savvy would rather have a plug and play system that they can attach to their TV, throw a game in and play. Especially if they can spend $250 to do so vs spending $400 to make a budget PC that can end up obsolete in just a year or so. I can see the people who consider themselves "pro console" thinking that way. Some may view a PC as a waste of money and unnecessary functionality. What it comes down to is what people value in their system. If it is price, ease of use, approachable, and exclusives then console is by far the way to go for sure. If superior graphics, FPS, benchmarking, tinkering, getting the most out of your system, emulators, streaming, etc. is your thing then there is no substitute for PC.

As long as you value what you have, what ignorant people post on YouTube should be just noise.

rhali8 2 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

From a practical sense, many people who may or may not be tech-savvy would rather have a plug and play system that they can attach to their TV, throw a game in and play.

Can't they just learn? Not that hard to open google on your phone.

I agree, it isn't that difficult to learn about building a PC.

I would, but I'm saying the general public is lazy and wants instant gratification for whatever they're doing. Think of it like making food; would you rather spend 5 minutes cooking something in a microwave, or spend time marinading it, spreading seasoning, rubbing the season into the meat, then slow cooking for hours to seal in the flavor? Obviously the 2nd option will taste better, but people don't want to use their time like that. Same goes for gamers many times. That's what I meant

rhali8 2 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

I would, but I'm saying the general public is lazy and wants instant gratification for whatever they're doing.

But cooking food is different to spending hundreds on a machine you're going to spend hundreds of hours on for the next few years of your life...

I agree, but I think society in general is a little different than you and I who decided to take the money and time to make what we want. I'm in agreement with you, I'm just saying this is how I see society and pro-console people, what the whole thread is about.

haribohungry 1 point 1 month ago

Maybe they don’t care to use their time researching when they could be already playing the game they want to play.

Frame rate, over clocking, and other PC things don’t really matter to people who simply want to play the game in something other than a slideshow as quickly as possible.

Gamehead-PCPartPicker 1 point 1 month ago

They have emotional attachments towards plastic, which is sad. I used to be the same way as a kid, but deep down I always knew PC was better and ended up building one. The sad part is some of the worst console fanboys are in their 30's and 40's. I have nothing against people who only play on consoles since consoles do have some benefits.

Cobyfield 1 point 1 month ago

"we have exclusives"

Lmfao. PC has many more exclusives

7000+ exclusives. I love hearing that argument

Cobyfield 1 point 1 month ago

I know right.

It's the same feeling like in the new Wonder Women movie where the guy breaks open the capsule of stuff and breathes it in.