PCPartPicker

• Register

I need some help figuring out my budget...

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

JAnnaraj 1 month ago

So I am in a predicament.... I have a pc that I built in August , https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JAnnaraj/saved/#view=Qf8QVn I also am thinking about building something around the lines to this https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JAnnaraj/saved/#view=yh89WZ I have around 340 so far, I need someway to lower the cost of the build. I also am considering selling the old one. Pls help me cut back on the costs. - I want Mini-Itx ifu can - Try AMD ifu want - Also I dont mind re-using the Barrucuda in the next build Thx -Jeff

PS post ur mini itx builds

Comments Sorted by:

Sainted 2 points 1 month ago
  1. You don't need liquid cooling. With your 8400 any good air cooler will deliver exactly the same performance in temps and are likely to be even quieter.
  2. I'd recommend you wait until cheaper boards appear for Coffee Lake. The Z-series is enthusiast-class, supporting SLI and all that jazz, which you don't really need. I believe the cheaper boards should surface just around the end of the year.
  3. Depending on the FPS you are targeting, you may not need a GTX1070 - take a look at a GTX1060 6Gb instead.
JAnnaraj submitter 1 point 1 month ago

I'll be doing some video editing and some coding in python and javascript. And also alot of gaming. PUBG, cs-go, GTA 5, and tom clancy's ghost recon wildlands.

Esamenoi 1 Build 2 points 1 month ago

Hiya,

So here's what I'd suggest.... Make sure your motherboard's BIOS is completely updated so that the new CPU will work properly.

You don't need to replace everything, you've already got most of a build! The i5 7500 is so much faster than your G4400.

Regarding the GPU the best one to go for is the GTX 1060 6GB but I put the 3GB in there because it's still really good and over $50 cheaper.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $184.69 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Purchased For $0.00
Memory Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory Purchased For $0.00
Storage SK hynix - SL308 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $52.99 @ SuperBiiz
Storage Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $0.00
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Windforce OC Video Card $219.48 @ Amazon
Case Thermaltake - Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For $0.00
Power Supply EVGA - 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply Purchased For $0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $457.16
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-19 04:20 EDT-0400
MannyPCs 1 point 1 month ago

I'd get this CPU instead, it repleaced the i5 7500, and has 2 more cores and better single core speed.

Enrico411 1 point 1 month ago

but doesn't fit in a H110. So you also need to buy another mobo.

MannyPCs 1 point 1 month ago

Dang nab, the h370 ones aren't out yet