• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

clayder 1 month ago

I use corsair HX1000psu and when i look at the 1080ti strix, i'm confused, it has 2x 8pin for input power ? What should i do , do i have to plug all these 2x 8pin, meaning that i have to use seperate 6+2 cable ? So it needs 2 seperated cables from my PSU ? And also if i want to use 2x 1080ti, then it will have to eat 4 cabels out of my PSU, is it correct ?

Comments Sorted by:

Entrainers 1 point 1 month ago

Don't you have twelve 8-pin cables on that power supply?

clayder submitter 1 point 1 month ago

Yes, and only 4 cables for pcie are included . btw, pls check the pics of the connector ( i attached in the later post)

Chillsabre 2 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

The 6+2 cables should be labeled GPU / VGA and are indeed made for GPUs. The reason why its split is because some GPUs require only a 6 pin connector so the 6+2 allow better compatibility.

If your card requires 2 pin cables for it, then yes, you would need 2 cables or 4 for 2 GPUs of the same kind.

Do note some 1080ti even go as high as a triple 8pin.

My output connector (pcie) from hx1000 is like this : http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/andiokemz/media/IMG_20171018_055854_zpsw36rxatl.jpg.html http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/andiokemz/media/IMG_20171018_055735_zpsv8aijy0e.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

it's 16 pin all, can i just use it ? even i'm not sure because the way the cable is splitted . It's more like a loop.

Chillsabre 2 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

Its a daisy chain PCIe cable for graphics card. It simply reduces the clutter.

Yes, but i saw normall cable for daisy chain, ussually for example this case , it should be 8pin out/branch from the first 8 pin and so on. This is make sense for me if want to daisy chain. But if look at my cable , looks weird. 6pin split out from 8pin then that 6 pin split out to 2 pin, but then you suppose to 'group' that 6 and last 2 pin together to become 8pin. It makes me worry if i connect something that are not supposed to be connected.