• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Xaoskun 1 month ago

Hey there, as the title states i need a new gpu. Long story short, my old one died.

some info:

GPU i had 'till now: radeon vapor-x hd 7979 ghz 3gb GPU now: integrated into MB MB: ASRock N68C-S UCC CPU: DualCore AMD Athlon II X2 255, 3100 MHz (15.5 x 200) RAM: Patriot 1600 CL9 Series 4 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM (x2) Power: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Monitor: Acer K222HQL

Games i play: WoW / Eve online / gw2 / other mmo / minecraft Well mostly minecraft for some time. On the pc i had (with gpu) witcher 3 was working ok, im not a fan of fps (other then cs1.6 for old times sake) so no need to push to hard.

Yes i know its old crap that belongs in the museum without a gpu. My plan was to buy a whole new pc, excluding the psu and gpu, but since the gpu died, all i have for a new rig is the psu,... and not to much money. Tbh i can't buy a whole new pc in one go, since living where i am, i earn circa 1.800-2000 moneys per month, to put in in a perspective, an Palit GeForce GTX 1060 Super JetStream 6GB costs here ~1400 moneys, so not that much fun :)

Well anyway, i want to buy a gpu, the rest of the pc ( for the next 3-6 month will be old ) will be bought over time. I would like some help what to get, and what would still work with my mb. ( I plan going i5-7500 3.4GHz and 16gb ram ( minecraft loves ram ) )

The things i considered ( in no order) * Palit GeForce GTX 1060 Super JetStream 6GB (~1.4k money) EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC Gaming 6GB (~1.4k money) GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB (1k money) EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC Gaming 3GB (1k money) Something else ????

Sadly the price is also a factor for me, so i cant really decide on the card that would be better for me and i would love some help with this from the community.

(i will post this also on some other pages just to get as more info as i can, so don't be surprised to see it there )

Just for clarification, it does not matter for me if its ati or nvidia as long as it works on the current mb :)

Comments Sorted by:

Enrico411 1 point 1 month ago

The gtx 1060 3GB version will be a very good choice. The 6gb version is not worth paying 400 more.

mark5916 1 point 1 month ago

That CPU will hold the GTX 1060 back, but if you have the intention (in the future) to change that board and the CPU as well, you will get much more performance out of it. ;)