• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Xaoskun 8 months ago

Hey there, as the title states i need a new gpu. Long story short, my old one died.

some info:

GPU i had 'till now: radeon vapor-x hd 7979 ghz 3gb GPU now: integrated into MB MB: ASRock N68C-S UCC CPU: DualCore AMD Athlon II X2 255, 3100 MHz (15.5 x 200) RAM: Patriot 1600 CL9 Series 4 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM (x2) Power: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Monitor: Acer K222HQL

Games i play: WoW / Eve online / gw2 / other mmo / minecraft Well mostly minecraft for some time. On the pc i had (with gpu) witcher 3 was working ok, im not a fan of fps (other then cs1.6 for old times sake) so no need to push to hard.

Yes i know its old crap that belongs in the museum without a gpu. My plan was to buy a whole new pc, excluding the psu and gpu, but since the gpu died, all i have for a new rig is the psu,... and not to much money. Tbh i can't buy a whole new pc in one go, since living where i am, i earn circa 1.800-2000 moneys per month, to put in in a perspective, an Palit GeForce GTX 1060 Super JetStream 6GB costs here ~1400 moneys, so not that much fun :)

Well anyway, i want to buy a gpu, the rest of the pc ( for the next 3-6 month will be old ) will be bought over time. I would like some help what to get, and what would still work with my mb. ( I plan going i5-7500 3.4GHz and 16gb ram ( minecraft loves ram ) )

The things i considered ( in no order) * Palit GeForce GTX 1060 Super JetStream 6GB (~1.4k money) EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC Gaming 6GB (~1.4k money) GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB (1k money) EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC Gaming 3GB (1k money) Something else ????

Sadly the price is also a factor for me, so i cant really decide on the card that would be better for me and i would love some help with this from the community.

(i will post this also on some other pages just to get as more info as i can, so don't be surprised to see it there )

Just for clarification, it does not matter for me if its ati or nvidia as long as it works on the current mb :)

Comments Sorted by:

Enrico411 1 point 8 months ago

The gtx 1060 3GB version will be a very good choice. The 6gb version is not worth paying 400 more.

[comment deleted]