• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

TacoNinja 1 month ago

Usually I’m pretty informed about pc hardware and whatnot, and of course heard about the new RX series cards when they came out, but I just now discovered that there is an RX 4xx series and RX 5xx series. Could somebody tell me what the difference is? Are they 2 different tiers like GTX vs GT, or different chipsets released at different times?

Comments Sorted by:

EternalRest 2 Builds 2 points 1 month ago

RX 5xx series are a refresh of the Rx 4xx series. Its pretty much the same GPU but with high clocks. In other words the Rx 580 is an overclock Rx 480.

TacoNinja submitter 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

Ok that's what I figured. Thanks!

Redspirit 0 points 1 month ago

ada if kind of right but to be simple a bit rx 400 serie was first 14mm the rx 500 was 14mm+which as better thermal and less leakage voltage did try the two i did got a rx 480 msi X gaming 8gb was hard to keep nice thermal under 70 c i mean most compagnie did also some improvement on the thermal solution of there rx 500 gygabyte and sapphire and power color mainly but event whit same cooler than a rx 400 serie the rx 500 doing better in term of clock speed one thing important to note is that the overall achitecture is the same but you also get the chill feature which is software related you should take a look at amd radeon website may help you last but none the less to have a full list of the amd card or nividia i would strongly advice you to take a look at videocardz.com for all spec and info reliable source mainly the rx 500 is around 10% faster whit more clock enable because of less leakage strongly advice try to take a two pcie card for more stable o.c good luck currently using a rx 570 nitro+8gb

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]