• No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

crhind 1 month ago

Title

Apparently the RX Vega 64 is really hot and loud so I'm trying to figure out a way to keep it in reasonable temps without spending $200 on watercooling (though I'm not against watercooling).

Comments Sorted by:

Radox-0 3 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

Its the blower style cooler combined with a pretty hungry card.

Either can wait for custom coolers when the eventually land, or put together a Jury rigged type solution I guess like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THaMlkNDzYs

Could go custom water route, but being honest, by the time you add up the RX64 cost and cooling mod solution, an aftermarket GTX 1080 will be cheaper, use much less power and for most the part depending on the game, perform well.

crhind submitter 1 point 1 month ago

Thanks guys. I just realized I'll have to get GTX 1080 anyways (which I'd much prefer normally) and just downgrade my monitor.

tomtomj2 8 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

There is an Aftermarket Air cooler for Vega that came out, i think it’s like $60. I don’t remember the name of it

I think I know what you're talking about. Saw something that works well for about $60 recently. However, I've switched my build and monitor so I can just go with a GTX 1080. Thanks though, I appreciate the help!

Ah ok, 1080 is good too!

Ya I prefer it over the Vega.

Literally just happened to see your review on the Ryzen 1700. It's on deal plus $60 gift card... So now I have to decide between it and the 1600 lol.

Edit: Nvm its a $60 gift card for Quake Champions

Speaking of the 1700, I went through some issues and ended up returning it and buying it againa couple months later and after getting a $30 discount with motherboard, the CPU and motherboard ended up being the same price as just the CPU when I first bought it lol

Now I’m just waiting for my Vega 64 to arrive (Why Newegg uses ****** FedEx is beyond me)

Dang nice deal ha.

Ooo let me know how it is, (I'm not down to pay extra for G Sync in the future).

[comment deleted]