PCPartPicker

• Register

Zotac GeForce GTX 1080Ti AMP Edition OR ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme Core Edition

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Diablo2604 1 month ago

Is it worth buying the more expensive ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme Core Edition over the Zotac GeForce GTX 1080Ti AMP Edition ? What are the differences ?

Prices in my country. Zotac GeForce GTX 1080Ti AMP Edition 725EUR(839USD) ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme Core Edition 855EUR(989USD)

Comments Sorted by:

Radox-0 3 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

Amp Extreme core has bigger cooler, more RGB / Bling, a more customised PCB and higher out the box clock speeds.

However Pascal really only cares about temps and Silicon lottery and then the difference in out the box clock speeds is not all that important as boost 3.0 close's the gap. Long story short, the Amp Edition will offer pretty close performance, so if your looking to save cash, I would get that.

Diablo2604 submitter 1 point 1 month ago

Thanks for answer.

panthersoul 1 point 1 month ago

The lower the temps the more headroom for Pascal seems to be the trend. And the more expensive option is their best binned chips. Love their beefy high end coolers. Bought the 1080ti I have soon after launch. I had to just get what was in stock. Or I'd have taken Zotac again. :)

If you have the money. Spend time in what fan curve you cantolerate. And oc. May be a marginal performance increase. But I expect a 1-2%. Just matters if you're pushing high frame rate 1440p . or 4k. If that margin is worth the extra