add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Favourite benchmarking tools?

lenoz
  • 87 months ago

Hey guys

Largely based on what (little) I know, the benchmarks used on this site, and also this helpful guide from Tom's Hardware I've now downloaded a whole plethora of benchmarking tools and not sure where to start.

To be honest though I don't really want to use them all - it would be massive overkill.

For example - FutureMark have 5 (!) benchmarking products - 3DMark, 3DMark 11, 3DMark Vantage, PCMark 7, and PCMark Vantage. Clearly no need to use them all. Whilst I understand they are aimed at slightly different tests (3DMark 11 concentrates on DirectX 11 for example), I just want to run two or three tools a couple of times each and get a reliable overall picture of my system.

Just looking for some ideas from those of you with more experience. Do any of you have favoured setups?

To give the complete list of what I have downloaded:

• AIDA64 Extreme
  • Passmark Performance Test 8
  • SiSoft Sandra 2013 Lite
  • Unigine Heaven 4.0
  • 3DMark 1.00
  • 3DMark 11 1.04
  • 3DMark Vantage 1.1.0
  • PCMark 7 1.40
  • PCMark Vantage 1.20
  • NovaBench 3.0.4
  • CPUID Hardware Monitor 1.21

Much love as ever.

Comments

• 87 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like you're thinking way too hard on this... The Tom's Hardware guide gives you a general summary and verdict of each of the benchmarking tools.

It's like trying new toppings on pizza... Try some out and stick with one that tastes really good...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube