add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
cmgroft
  • 27 months ago

Hi, So I was looking at getting a 1080 and am almost decided on going with MSI, unless another brand is better. The two that I am looking at most are the Gaming X edition and the Armor OC edition. The Armor edition is $60 cheaper. Is there a reason for this? What are the main differences with these brands selling so many different versions of the same card? Thanks

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

IF...........you get the MSI 1080 Sea Hawk X hybrid, your gaming will never hit 50C

I went for the lower temps.......Very pleased with MSI

you wont get lower temps of those 2 cards out of the box with current cooling setup.

I saw just this week $499 AD for 1080 GPU., ;lowest yet

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the response. Which card did you see that AD for?

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

not sure if this was the ad i saw, but still $499.99 EVGA for 1080 GPU

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487389

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I have owned the MSI 1080 Seahawk for almost a year now. Absolutely love this card. Overclocks well, stays very cool and quite. I game at 1440p and every game on ultra settings is smooth. Temps have never gone above 110° degrees. I did replace the fan for a ML120.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I can only find that card for around $1000. Did you find it for a cheaper price?

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Your not joking on price. I bought it a year ago. I had no idea the price shot up so high. They must've been a limited run thing with Corsair. I know the EVGA water cooled 1080 is supposed to be good. If you have good airflow in your case, get the MSI Armor. For the most part, Pascal cards perform roughly the same. So a gtx 1080 is a gtx 1080 no matter the company.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

EVGA is the one I am currently looking towards if I go with water cooling. It is much cheaper then MSI.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

$599.99

Corsair makes the fan for the MSI Seahawk X 1080 video card. They sell this same MSI card on their web site for $599.99

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-gfx-gtx-1080-liquid-cooled-graphics-card

When the demand exceeded the supply when these 1080's video cards came out, not many know the maker of the fan sells the video card. Corsair didnt have supply issues and grabbed mine at Corsair. Same MSI box, Same MSI video card.

$589.99

at EVGA's Hybrid

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-6188-KR

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I agree, the black and red is to over used. It's why I liked the armor. Thank you for the help!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube