add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cpu for watching streams and gaming simultaneously

cmgroft
  • 28 months ago

Hi, I was curious what cpu would be good at playing a game(Fornite, Overwatch, CS, ect..) while also watching a yotube video or twitch at the same time? I do realize that watching a video on chrome or any browser for that matter will effect fps, i am just curious what cpu could do that and lose the least amount. My initial thoughts where that an i7 may be needed. Thank you for the advice in advanced.

Comments

• 28 months ago
  • 3 points

Go for a Ryzen 5 1600. 6 core 12 thread CPU that usually costs less than $250 and can be overclocked up to 3.8 - 4.0ghz on it's stock cooler. Even if you prefer Intel, Ryzen is an insanely good platform to use and doesn't suck as much as FX did.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I would recommend a Hexa-Core-CPU (i5 8600k - 6 cores and 6 threads / i7 8700k - 6 cores and 12 threads) Or you can go for an AMD one if you prefer. I don't know your budget, so I just recommended CPU's I had in use. (° ͜ʖ°)

Cheers!

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I was doing this on my old PC using a quad core CPU (6600K) and I had no loss of performance at all. If anything, your bottleneck here will be your ISP since more things requiring a constant connection being opened at the same time will consume more bandwidth.

Having enough RAM to have several programs running is also a good idea but I understood from your replies below that you already have 16GB of RAM so you should have no problems here.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I have not set a budget yet because I wanted to know what cpu's would work best for it. Main use's are gaming and watching streams at the same time. I have considered trying streaming my self but I have not done it yet. I do alot on chrome with alot of tabs open at once.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I already have 16 gb of ram and I prefer to stay away from AMD. Every since I got Intel, I prefer it. Unless ryzen is really that good, which I am currently unaware of.

[comment deleted]
  • 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Thats what I was thinking. I do have a 1080ti so I was looking for something to pair well with that. Probably should have said that in the description.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have a 1080ti and 16gb of RAM i would go with a 8600k minimum.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube