add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Photo / Video Editing (No gaming)

cparker5
  • 27 months ago

I am just a few short days away from purchasing my new Adobe editing rig. I use mostly Lightroom, Photoshop and After Effects. My plan is to delid and OC the 8700K. I have researched my needs and come up with the following build. Honestly I think the hardest parts were the case and the monitor. I have tried to keep the budget around $4K USD.

Any opinions on these decisions?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor $349.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Deepcool - CAPTAIN 360EX WHITE RGB 229.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $159.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Asus - ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $259.99 @ Amazon
Memory G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Purchased For $199.99
Memory G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Purchased For $199.99
Storage Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $449.99 @ Amazon
Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB ROG STRIX Video Card $678.99
Case NZXT - H700i ATX Mid Tower Case $199.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $116.99 @ SuperBiiz
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit $129.99 @ My Choice Software
Monitor BenQ - PD3200U 32.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor $799.00 @ Amazon
Other Shucked WD - easystore® 8TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Black $199.99
Other Shucked WD​ - easysto​re® 8TB Ex​ternal USB​ 3.0 Hard ​Drive - Bl​ack $199.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $3944.88
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-02-12 22:25 EST-0500

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 2 points

That's a monster build. Can't really argue with any of your parts on that budget.

Have you looked at any Intel X series CPUs? Adobe might be able to take advantage of a few more cores.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I did look at X, but the price point of the 7820X just would result in me having give up a few things I wasn't willing to. The 7800X doesn't really perform better that the 8700K with most the Adobe actions I use.

Thanks for the suggestion.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Interesting that you say that about Airflow. Short of the SilverStone RL06 (which I do not like the looks of) and the Corsair 570X/270R there wasn't too many cases I saw with better ambient temperatures running torture tests. Stock versions of the H700i does even better than the Meshify C stock version with these same tests.

I was actually contemplating the 1080 Ti, for me time is money and I don't mind paying for rendering time reduction. Additionally Abode is saying they are continuing to optimize for GPU, though I have yet to see it, I would like this system to last close to 3 years and should adobe make these improvements I will be set.

Thank you for your input!

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 27 months ago
  • 2 points

Absolutely.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I am happy with the 3200 memory and I think the only place I might be compromising is the AIO. But I am hoping that the 360 radiator makes up for any loss of not selecting a top notch AIO.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube