add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How to decide the best (proper) cpu suitable for gaming?

Tanisssmit

17 months ago

want a best cpu suitable for the gaming.

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 3 points

We need way more information... What framerates are you looking to hit, what games do you plan on playing, how much are you looking at spending?

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

want tDead Resource Found on Your Website want to play games like battlefield and my budget is $400 around maximum

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

$400 for an entire gaming system? With the GPU prices currently, that's going to be hard to do. If I were you, I would wait on the gpu, as the prices will hopefully drop eventually. For $400, you can't look at too expensive of CPUs. Something alont the lines of the Intel Pentium G4400 would fit in that budget. Paired with a 1050 or cheaper rx 460 would comfortably play battlefield and other such games smoothly. The RX 460 is still really affordable, even in this mining craze. You could always buy used aswell. Hope I was of some help.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

In Game benchmarks in the titles you intend to play is the only real way to answer that question.

And then find the best you can afford inside your budget without causing compromises elsewhere in the build.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

intel 8700k is probably most common for gaming good cpu too or if for lower level gaming get a ryzen 5 1600x or 1600

• 17 months ago
  • 2 points

let me check and thanks for the suggestion.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

it is 200 or 160 dollars respectively for the ryzens

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

1600x overclocks to 4.1 ghz easily

• 17 months ago
  • 0 points

For the 8700k overclocking even with a good motherboard and cooler would dramatically decrease the lifespan if done recklessly.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

No the amd is easy to overclock

• 17 months ago
  • 2 points

I wouldn't say the 1600x "easily" overclocks to 4.1. IIRC, its only the top 5-10% of chips that will hit that. 4.0 is likely, but it all comes down to silicon lottery. And Titancon is correct, if not done properly (too much voltage), you'll kill any CPU, not just the 8700k.

[comment deleted]
  • 17 months ago
  • 1 point

True, unless you have a gigabyte GA with it. The replacement wasn't barely handled overclocking to 4ghz without my socket dying even with a heat-sync, we are talking about AMD here.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

have any idea about the AMD Ryzen 7 1700, i go through the many reviews and all have positive points. including this review https://www.2kreviews.com/best-gaming-cpu/#tab-con-3 can i buy it?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube