add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

FX 4300 or Core I5-2500

Titancon

17 months ago

I just want to know if I should replace my PC with an I5 build? I enjoy the AMD much but the gigabyte motherboard I have hate it.

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

List?

• 17 months ago
  • 2 points

If you were to upgrade, you could go i5 or Ryzen, or used parts with something like a Xeon x3430 and a p55 board.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

The x3430 i would use for a server machine only, but the Ryzen series seem decent but out too close up to date and would not be optimised for what i am trying to run

• 17 months ago
  • 2 points

Well it would be nice if we knew what you are trying to run so somebody could make a recommendation.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Unreal engine4

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

i5 2500 blows 4300 out of the water. I would recommend the upgrade for anything but web browsing.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

What gpu would the I5 work with?

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

NO, god sake no!

Pretty much all of sandy bridge and up will blow FX right out of the water, god sake stay with your i5 2500 and upgrade to a sandy or ivy bridge i7. Going to FX will be a ******* massive downgrade.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd rather go Haswell or Skylake

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd say go Haswell, cheaper in all aspects and will perform just as good as Skylake.

• 17 months ago
  • 0 points

honestly ryzen makes better lower end cpus like the 1600 and the 1600X

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube