add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

need help on temperature

fearmadara
  • 23 months ago

i have a Corsair H100i v2 and my cpu temperature sometimes went to
100°C,,why is that? is it normal?

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope. Might want to plug in pump. Hope your CPU isn’t fried!

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

It’ll thermal throttle and thermal shutdown before he kills it.

But yeah check to make sure the pump is plugged in and isn’t dead

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

If the pump is dead, then RMA the cooler. The pump should come out of he block itself, and be either a USB 2.0 header, or 3/4 pin fan header.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

what do you mean pump?the thing that covers cpu?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

That is the pump/water block. There should be a cord coming out if it somewhere, or the liquid is stagnant and won’t move heat.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

does the water is replaceable?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

What? Some have a valve to drain it, but you don’t want to do that. The only reason you would want to replace the liquid is after several years and it starts to not work well.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

I was having the same issue, i7-8700k? I had a H100i v2 and switched over to a Kraken X62. I just ran 3Dmark Time Spy and the CPU only got to 49c with the GPU at 74c. Im Running a Meshify C with 3 ML120s exhausting and 2 ML140s on the Front mount Rad.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

may rad was on the top..and im having a core i3

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

That means the pump is either dead or not plugged in.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

u mean the radiator?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

No he means the pump.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

oh i see..the pump was plugged in.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

OP does mention that it "sometimes" hits 100c. If the pump is plugged in and working then what CPU do you have? Also what voltage and multiplier is it set to? Or is it on stock settings?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

its a core i3 and on stock settings

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

8100? 8350k?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

8100 sir

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

That cpu doesnt even reach that on the stock cooler

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Boot your system and lay your ear on the water block if you cant hear moving water, its dead.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube