add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

cant think of good title just help

Memo1010
  • 23 months ago

I just put the stock cooler on my lga 1151 on, then realized I did it wrong! Rushed inside, wiped off the paste, and then realized I actually did it right the first time :p I put it back on again. Do I need a new layer of thermal paste or am I fine?

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point
  • <The stock cooler comes with pre-applied thermal paste.>

Did you powered on the computer, before or after you realized you installed the CPU cooler the wrong way?

If not, there is no need to reapply new thermal paste. Just take out the cooler and install it the right way.

If yes, then you made the right decision.

Every time you apply thermal paste and you power on you computer, if you take the cooler out, you must re apply new thermal paste. ;)

cant think of good title just help

LOL, how difficult would that be!

Any title that contains the word thermal paste would be suffice.

To name a few...

• Thermal paste help!

• Should i re apply (new) thermal paste?

• Thermal paste problems!

• Thermal paste - How to?

[comment deleted]
  • 23 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem. ;)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube