add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which should provide better temps?

cmgroft
  • 23 months ago

Hi, There may not be a big difference but I was curious which set up should provide better temps or at least provide better air flow. A case with a closed front, like the Define C, and side ventilation acting as intake using static pressure fans in the front or a open front case, like the Pro M, with air flow fans in the front? I know it also comes down to the fan, fan size, and many other factors but under those conditions and using the proper fans in there designed positions would one provide more air flow and possibly cooler temps over the other? If I said anything wrong or there is just no difference at all i'd be glad to know and corrected. Thanks for the input!

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

The Pro M.

Because of the right angle the airflow has to make you lose performance and have to move more air, which means the fans in the Define C will always max out first.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernoulli%27s_principle

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

That is what I was thinking but I was unsure if there was something else I wasnt thinking of. Thanks

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Remember that is a purely an absolute airflow look at things.

The Define C will also run quieter because of its design.

Cases are always a matter of give and take features and focuses.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube