add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What game are you still playing? Why?

Dragoons55
  • 22 months ago

I still find myself returning to WoW due to the story and character development even though I've long stopped caring as much as I did in the early days of the game. What about you?

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

Recently I found myself going back and replaying Dark Souls II: SotFS and Skyrim SE trying to get all the achievements.

I too find myself powerless to combat the urge to return to WoW from time to time. ;-;

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you been following "SkyrimTogether"'s development? its the first multiplayer mod that is actually seeing tons of play testing, progression and currently is in the bug fix stage before they release an experimental/public version, don't expect it to come out any time soon but its definitely looking really good from actual proof of development.

And why do you return to wow? Im a lore nerd but what brings you back?

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Nah, I haven't heard of it before but I really should follow it!

I'm not really sure what pulls me back to WoW. I'm a huge lore buff too but it's not that that pulls me back, I think it's just one of the best games for me to turn off the sound and listen to/watch something like Netflix on my second monitor, so it's really good for multitasking.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah the good 'ol "Playing cause im at least bored right now but nothing else is keeping my attention long enough otherwise" kind of game.

Skyrimtogether has a following on reddit /r/skyrimtogether and they also have a discord.

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

Total Annihilation. One of my favorites growing up and it makes for a nice nostalgia trip from time to time lol. Others are Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon I play on an emulator. Can't wait for Spyro to come out again later this year for Xbox.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

How does the new Spyro look to you? and what is Total Annihilation? Whats it about?

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

The new Spyro looks awsome, I can't wait to play it and relive those games in updated graphics. And Total Annihilation is an old RTS game about 2 factions that wage war against each other for control of the galaxy. It's graphics are obviously dated being that it came out in 1997, but still a very fun game to come back to and holds up very well still. It was the granddad to many modern day RTS games and the predecessor to Supreme Commander and Planetary Annihilation. It has all the components of base building, army development, resource management, and war tactics that make a good RTS. Plus it's super cheap and runs on literally any computer that runs today. https://store.steampowered.com/app/298030/Total_Annihilation/

Another good one is homeworld, which the remastered version is actually on sale for like $9 on GOG.com https://www.gog.com/game/homeworld_remastered_collection

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

I play 3 games, primarily, with a smattering of others along the way.

My favorite game is Minecraft, with 1000 hours put into the game. Not much more there.

My next favorite game is War Thunder, with 218 hours. Tanks. Planes. Shooting at tanks with planes. Shooting at planes with tanks. Bombing tanks with planes. Dropping torpedoes on tanks and ships. Explosions!

Then it's Company of Heroes 2, with 450 hours invested in it. WWII RTS where you can charge Germans with hundreds of conscripts!

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

What keeps you busy with minecraft? Favorite aspect of it? Why return to that?

The other 2 you summed up well, sounds like you like WWII over time periods, why that in particular? Does recent history fascinate you?

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

For Minecraft, I find I enjoy building massive things in survival. And going caving.

For War Thunder.... Who doesn't like to fight in WWII and Korean War tanks and planes? It has a way steeper, less forgiving learning curve than World of Tanks, but it's better overall.

As for Company of Heroes 2.... RTS that's really detailed, has a LOT of meta and strategies, and yet I still attack enemy fortifications frontally and watch a massacre occur. It's fun!

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

I still play mineraft for it's building aspects. I've played since 2012.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

What are you currently doing that keeps you mostly busy with it? Like what kind of buildings? Personalized houses? Cities? Whats your favorite type of building.

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

I love building houses in survival! It is so rewarding to realize that I built that on my own. If I were to dabble around in creative, I like building spiral fortresses. They start off with a small core and I just put rectangles in a symmetrical pattern. I usually build them up to a diameter of 200 blocks.

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

Dark Souls. Probably primarily because of the remaster, but even before DSR came out I have been going back and replaying the original game every 6 months or so because I enjoy it so much.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I really thought I was going to be super excited to get DSR and ended up not. I had never played DS3 and picked it up on sale about 2 months ago to get back into DS pre-DSR and just didn't care to.

I beat DS easily 100+ times and DS2 about 25-30 and had a couple hundred hours of PvP in each so maybe I got drowned out on it.

On an unrelated side note I wish they'd remaster Mass Effect, and I heard rumors of a Borderlands remaster in the works!

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

Playing Diablo 3 from last 4 years, game drops and visual with new drops attract me a lot.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

New Diablo project confirmed recently

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Will probably still be a few years before its released. Blizzard leaks seem to come early.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Blizzard hasn't announced what they are cooking they just posted an add which mentions blizzard looking for dungeon designer or something like that so we can't be so sure about if it is new Diablo or something else.

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

Star Wars Jedi Academy with the Movie Battles II mod

10/10

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Playing Skyrim Special Edition and the only reason is I was unable to complete this game in past.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Mount and Blade: Warband. Best combat system out of any game. The DLC's are all worth it. Currently discounted in the summer sale.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Counterpoint: Jedi Academy has the best combat system.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I could argue.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I’m surprised no ones has said TF2 yet. I only started playing around 2 yrs ago, but it’s definitely my favourite FPS ever.

The customization of the classes, the fun game modes, the cartoony characters all make the game a timeless classic.

How relevant is TF2 these days?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I play TF2, but not as much right now, because I want to focus on the markets and selling items instead of general casual games, because once I got into the market while buying a cheap unusual for 12 keys, it got me thinking that I should start selling items to other people. I haven't got any interests in the game, since I went playing Path of Exile.

What scares me in the TF2 Market are the scammers (Which we all hate, obviously). These guys wants to do very blatant tactics to scam people and even get someone to help scam someone and steal a specific item. I nearly got myself scammed by two people with one impersonating Curiosity and the other claimed to be a steam moderator. Gladly I did researches on this item verification and it turns out it's a scammer's tactic to steal items from other people.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

ROBLOX , to the fact that it's one of the only 3D games this PC can "fluently" run.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Civ V Diablo II and III WoW StarCraft (original and 2) Star Trek Birth of the Federation (I don't even want to consider how much time I have spent playing this game... I am sure it dwarfs my 109 days played in WoW).

Can't give a specific reason why... they are fun.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Super Mario Galaxy. If I had a Switch, then Splatoon 2 (played the first at a friend's house; never stopped loving it), but I don't. :(

The only real reason I still play Galaxy is because I haven't 100% completed it (even though I've had it for, like, 6, maybe 7 years; that and the fact that we only have a Wii, and our computers can't play any games [if we had any]).

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

overwatch

since i need to rank up

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

For me, its the game that is known for making top tier gpu's cry, ark survival evolved though i only play on the cancerous official servers

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I have yet to play D2's DLC, what sucked about them?

Are you into the general team deathmatch pvp style or are you looking forward to the BO4 battle royale?

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Same with me for Siege. Been playing since beta and I can't find a game that still gives me the same amount of fun.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I was just listening to Fallout soundtracks on youtube while I read this. :) In answer to the opener my computer is pretty weak, so I tend to play older games. In the last year I've played Fallout:New Vegas, Fallout 3, The Witcher 1, Skyrim, and Original Devil May Cry trilogy.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube